Hanoi will not set off fireworks on lunar New Year's Eve this year in an effort to focus on the ongoing COVID-19 fight and protect local people's life.
|No fireworks display in Hanoi capital this lunar New Year’s Eve.|
Mayor Nguyen Ngoc Anh made the announcement at on online meeting on January 19 to review COVID-19 prevention and control measures in the city.
The city earlier planned to put on a fireworks display on lunar New Year's Eve at only one venue, and the event would be broadcast live via social media.
During New Year's Eve more than half a month ago the city also decided to stop letting off fireworks and organizing cultural events, including a countdown party, due to the complex nature of the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Ministry of Health recently recommended that localities not hold fireworks party to ring in the new lunar year as large numbers of COVID-19 cases are recorded daily in localities.
In addition, the new variant, Omicron, is spreading rapidly across the globe, even in Southeast Asia. Vietnam has so far recorded 73 Omicron cases, including 3 locally acquired infections.
- WSOF cancels two events to make New Year’s Eve super card at MSG in New York
- WSOF merges two events to make New Year’s Eve super card at MSG in New York
- Blue Jackets’ Cam Atkinson enjoys career year despite still being the ‘smallest guy on the ice’
- New York Giants: Free Agent Game By Reese Affecting JPP Negotiations
- New York Knicks: Who Stepped Up Against The Houston Rockets?
- New season, new homage for IronPigs uniforms
- Ode to Sports: A year like no other, from A(li) to Z(ika)
- New York Knicks: Who Stepped Up Against The Boston Celtics?
- Hermine brings cancellation, postponement of weekend events
- The Latest: Pool still green after diving practice cancelled
- New York Knicks: Who Stepped Up Against The San Antonio Spurs?
- New Orleans Saints 2016 preview: Is this Drew Brees’ last stand in New Orleans?
Hanoi cancels fireworks display on lunar New Year’s Eve have 331 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.