During the meeting, Minister Son thanked press agencies and reporters for their effective contribution to the overall success of foreign affairs as well as external information work of the country in 2021, saying that they provided timely and accurate information for both domestic and foreign audiences, contributing to popularizing the foreign policy of the Party and State, and creating consensus, solidarity and support of the public at home and abroad, as well as international friends.
2021 is a challenging and difficult year, especially with the great and extensive impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, he said, adding that a fast changing world situation along with non-traditional security challenges such as diseases, climate change, and cyber security are negatively affecting international relations.
In that context, Vietnam's foreign affairs activities have been implemented in an active, creative and flexible manner, closely following the Party’s foreign policy, achieving important results.
The friendship and cooperation between Vietnam and all countries have been maintained effectively, contributing to maintaining a peaceful and stable environment and mobilizing resources for the country's development. Vietnam also successfully fulfilled its role as a non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, contributing to further increasing the country's position in the region and the world.
According to the minister, in 2022, the foreign affairs work will focus on continuously consolidating the position of Vietnam in the region and the world through bilateral and multilateral diplomacy with neighboring countries, big countries, partners and traditional friends, and promoting activities within ASEAN and the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum.
Attention will be paid to to stepping up diplomacy serving development, with people, localities and businesses put at the center of service; implementing comprehensive diplomatic activities with a focus on cultural diplomacy, contributing to enhancing the country's image, Son said.
The external information work, citizen protection and the overseas Vietnamese affairs will continue to be implemented effectively, he added.
The minister expressed the hope that press agencies will continue to contribute to the successful implementation of foreign tasks assigned by the Party, State and people.
On behalf of the press agencies, Standing Vice Chairman of the Viet Nam Journalists Association Nguyen Duc Loi highly valued the close and effective coordination and support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs over the past year for press agencies.
On this occasion, FM Son presented the insignia for the diplomatic service and the Foreign Minister’s certificate of merit to a number of collectives and individuals who have made excellent achievements in the external information work and the development of Vietnam’s diplomatic sector.
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Rep. Val Demings calls for a new DOJ Office of Police Standards; Trump, GOP to pull convention from NC
- New government – live blog
- Hong Kong crack down begins: Hundreds of arrests as riot police clash with protesters over draconian new security law - as Britain offers THREE MILLION the right to live here
- Eurasia Group founder Ian Bremmer says Trump right on China but wrong on WHO; CDC issues new guidance for large gatherings
- Coronavirus latest: Angela Merkel says Germany has 'passed' COVID-19 test so far
- A Popular QAnon Twitter Account That Claims To Have Explosive DC Dirt Is Really Just A Random Italian Guy
- From pandering to Putin to abusing allies and ignoring his own advisers, Trump's phone calls alarm US officials
- The Hill's Morning Report - Officials crack down as COVID-19 cases soar
- A time of hectic reporting from Cambodia
- US peace envoy looks to start of talks to end Afghan war
- China passes controversial Hong Kong law
- Summer breaks are thrown into chaos (again) as government releases delayed list of quarantine-free countries, even though many still ban Brits: Furious holidaymakers cancel trips after Portugal was excluded, while others vow they will go regardless
Foreign Minister holds New Year meeting with press agencies have 621 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at February 25, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.