The deputy defense minister was accompanied by Lt. Gen. Nguyen Van Nghia, Deputy Chief of the General Staff.
During the visit, General Cuong inspected combat readiness status at Brigade 162 of Naval Region 4 and Factory X52 of the Naval Service.
Briefed on the naval region's task performance over the past year, especially in safeguarding the national sovereignty over sea and islands and fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic, General Cuong applauded the unit's achievements.
He underlined that the regional troops have made great efforts to fulfill contents and requests of combat readiness shifting, improve training quality and master new weapons and equipment. In addition, they have maintained forces and vehicles for combat readiness, search and rescue missions, grasped all situations in the assigned areas and supported local fishermen.
The deputy defense minister required the naval region to continue heightening vigilance, maintaining combat readiness, and grasping all situations, contributing to dealing with unexpected situations. He urged the unit's leadership to ensure a happy and cozy Tet festival for troops while implementing COVID-19 prevention and control measures.
On behalf of the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of National Defense, General Cuong presented Tet gifts to the naval region and its 12 needy servicemen.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- A quiet militarisation of the Pacific region is under way
- Vietnam, Singapore to boost bilateral defense cooperation
- Russia-Ukraine war: US must change its role in Europe's defense
- Live updates: Ukraine leader says invasion will backfire
- EU leaders pledge increased military aid for Ukraine — live updates
- Live updates: Slovakia could give defense system to Ukraine
- Leader fever grips Tollywood as Rana Daggubati shares pic of his next political drama
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Will Russia use chemical weapons?
- The Memo: Breyer delivers 'circuit breaker' gift to embattled Biden
- McCarthy breaks with Trump on Putin: Russian leader not 'savvy,' 'genius'
- Russian Orthodox leader says Ukraine invasion is part of struggle against 'gay parades'
- Various activities conducted to observe International Women's Day
Defense leader presents Tet gifts to Naval Region 4 have 324 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at April 13, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.