HCM City (VNA) – Nearly 1,500 Tet gifts were presented to children orphaned by the COVID-19 pandemic in Ho Chi Minh City, and the southern provinces of Dong Nai and Binh Duong from January 16-18 under a programme launched by the Hope Foundation .
Nguyen Xuan Tu, Managing Director of the Hope Foundation, said the fourth COVID-19 wave have left thousands of children under 18 years old orphaned, with many losing both their parents. Some lost their mothers at birth.
HCM City, the epicenter of the fourth coronavirus wave, reported more than 1,400 children losing parents to COVID-19.
The programme is carried out with the hope of bringing a warm Tet (Lunar New Year) festival to the children, she added.
Around 1,100 packages were delivered to children in different districts of HCM City, and nearly 400 others were given out in neighbouring Binh Duong and Dong Nai provinces.
Each package consists of 1 million VND (44 USD) in cash, a schoolbag and food items.
Since its inception five years ago, the foundation run by VnExpress e-newspaper and FPT Group has given out more than 5,000 gifts worth over 5 billion VND to needy children and poor, disabled and vulnerable people./.
- Covid-19: New York City to provide 500,000 free halal meals during Ramzan
- HCM City takes proactive efforts in response to COVID-19 pandemic
- HCM City seeks to be listed among medium-risk cities for COVID-19 transmission
- COVID-19 yet to affect HCM City office space market
- One more COVID-19 patient recovers in HCM City, total at 224
- Covid-19 risk assessment scale issued for tourism enterprises
- Alaska Natives in Bering Strait Region Brace Against COVID-19
- HCMC preparing for safe coexistence with Covid-19: Party Chief
- HCM City Party Committee convenes 40th meeting
- HCM City steps up inspections of COVID-19 prevention measures
- Passenger transport services mostly resume operation in HCM City
- SGGP newspaper joins hands in fight against Covid-19
COVID-19 orphans in HCM City receive Tet gifts have 302 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.