BEIJING — China reported on Friday the lowest daily tally of local confirmed COVID-19 cases in nearly two months, after a national strategy to quickly curb flare-ups forced worst-hit cities to lock down affected communities and cut business activity.
China reported 23 domestically transmitted infections with confirmed symptoms for Thursday, official data showed, down from 43 a day earlier.
This marks the fourth consecutive day of decline in local symptomatic cases, with the lowest daily case load since Nov. 29.
The central province Henan and the northern city of Tianjin, two areas that have detected most of China’s local cases in the past 10 days, each reported fewer than 10 local confirmed infections for Thursday.
|A person wears a face mask while walking on a snowy morning as the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues in Beijing, China, January 20, 2022. Photo: Reuters|
The capital, Beijing, reported five, a slightly up from three a day earlier. The southern city of Zhuhai and Xian in the northwestern also reported a handful of new local cases.
China reported for Thursday two new domestically transmitted asymptomatic cases, which it classifies separately from confirmed cases, in the southwestern province of Yunnan.
There were no new deaths, leaving the death toll at 4,636. As of Jan. 20, mainland China had 105,484 confirmed symptomatic cases, including both local ones and those arriving from abroad.
- Daily Covid deaths hit 3-month low, govt says Sunday
- Taiwan New Covid Cases Hit Daily Record 85,310, Near U.S. Seven-Day Average
- Broadway Extends Mask Mandate As NYC Covid Cases Rise
- Daily Covid-19 infections fall to 10-month low in Vietnam
- North Korea: More than a million Covid cases feared
- Health Officials Consider Mask Mandates As Covid Cases & Hospitalizations Surge
- Explained: North Korea confirms Covid-19 crisis, what happens in hermit country here onward?
- North Korea's daily suspected COVID cases drop below 200,000, shows 'positive trend'
- Rise in New York's Covid cases, alert level changes from 'medium' to 'high'
- Cambodia discharges last Covid-19 patient, no new cases in a month
- Why is the COVID case rate in San Francisco so much higher than the U.S. right now?
- California’s COVID cases rise for the fourth week but ‘we’re not seeing a lot of severe disease’
China daily local confirmed COVID cases fall to nearly two-month low have 350 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.