HCM City (VNA) – The Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of Ho Chi Minh City on January 19 held a get-together in honour of 100 charity organisations and groups, who have made silent but noble contributions to the southern city's COVID-19 prevention and control during the fourth wave of outbreaks last year.
In her remarks at the event, Chairwoman of the committee To Thi Bich Chau expressed her gratitude for the groups’ proactive and effective participation in the battle against the pandemic, adding that they are among many organisations and individuals that have worked side by side with HCM City during the hard time.
Representatives of honoured organisations thanked the municipal authorities for creating favourable conditions for them in bringing assistance to people in need and pledged to offer more support in the time to come.
To date, the committee has received donations worth over 5 trillion VND (220.2 million USD) from localities, businesses, and individuals in the nation and overseas for the pandemic fight.
In addition, the value contributed by charity organisations directly involved in the work amounted to some 1 trillion VND, of which the 100 honoured organisations and group contributed about 600 billion VND./.
- HCM City honours individuals for COVID-19 fighting
- HCM City gets ready for new foreign investment wave post-COVID-19
- HCM City-Saint Petersburg video meeting marks Uncle Ho’s 130th birthday
- HCM City-Saint Petersburg video meeting marks President Ho’s 130th birthday
- HCM City - Saint Petersburg video meeting marks Uncle Ho’s 130th birthday
- WHO: 'Independent evaluation' of pandemic response will follow
- Annual charity bicycle ride raises US$27,000
- Annual charity bicycle ride raises 27,000 USD
- Da Nang kickstarts economy after COVID-19 pandemic
- HullCoins well spent? City's 'Bitcoin for volunteers' offers a new way to pay
- Administrative reforms will help energise firms after pandemic
- Administrative reforms will help energise VN firms after pandemic
Charity organisations honoured for contribution to HCM City’s pandemic response have 296 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at January 19, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.