The body of late Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh is put into the casket at Tu Hieu Pagoda on January 23.
The ritual was attended by a large number of Buddhist monks, nuns and followers of the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha, the Vietnam Buddhist Sangha (VBS)’s chapter in Thua Thien – Hue Province, pagodas, temples and monasteries that packed the pagoda to pay respect to the late Zen Buddhist monk.
His weeklong funeral will be held at the temple in a quiet and peaceful manner. A memorial service for the monk will take place from January 23 for mourners to pray in front of it before a cremation ceremony next Saturday.
Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh passed away aged 95 on Saturday at the Tu Hieu Pagoda in the city of Hue. The Zen Buddhist monk is a global spiritual leader, poet, and peace activist, renowned for his powerful teachings and bestselling writings on mindfulness and peace, and many retreats worldwide.
Many mourners gather at the pagoda to pay respect to the late Zen Buddhist monk.
By Van Thang – Translated by Kim Khanh
- A tour of the pagoda where Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh will stay in Vietnam
- Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh moves back to pagoda after renovation
- Drepung Gomang Monks Arrive In Laguna Beach
- Attorney General Suella Braverman and her religious sect are still mired in sex abuse scandal after founder of the Buddhist group sexually preyed on dozens of young men
- Overworked and mistrusted: Russia's medical workers risk their lives with little applause
- China has been trying to avoid fallout from coronavirus. Now 100 countries are pushing for an investigation
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 21
- Many people lost their sense of smell weeks ago. They're still waiting for it to come back
- Trump is threatening to pull the US out of the WHO. What does that actually mean?
- The pandemic could reshape the world order. Trump's chaotic strategy is accelerating US losses
- How a Kawasaki-like syndrome left this 6-year-old fighting for his life on a ventilator
- The aftermath of Qassem Soleimani's death and his daughter's rise to prominence
Buddhist monks, followers attend encoffining ceremony for late Zen Master have 340 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.