The annual program of the command aims to bring a happy Tet (lunar New Year) to needy people in the border communes as well as deepen military-civilian ties. This is also an occasion to honor ethnic people in the areas for their contribution to the national border protection and ensuring political security and social orders in border areas.
In the framework of this year's program, many activities were held such as art performance, folk games. Especially, locals, together with border guards, made chung cakes (square sticky rice cakes) and buy necessities at Zero-VND stalls launched by the Lai Chau provincial Border Guard Command and Phong Tho District Women's Union.
Addressing the event, the Lai Chau provincial Border Guard Command's Political Commissar Senior Colonel Nguyen Van Hung affirmed that the management and protection of border landmarks, border security, and COVID-19 prevention and control in the area over the past time have been ensured thanks to the local authorities and ethnic people in the commune. Therefore, the border spring program was a gratitude activity towards the ethnic minorities, hoping them to have a happy Tet 2022.
On this occasion, the unit presented nearly 400 gifts to policy and needy households and students in the locality.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Border troops do good to the community
- Turkey launches Operation Peace Spring military offensive on Syria
- Prague Spring revisited at the goEast Film Festival
- US held record number of migrant kids in custody in 2019
- S. Korean governor sends letter to Pence asking help for resumed inter-Korean tour program
- Ethnic minority people could have better lives soon: NA
- Vietnamese, Chinese police coordinate in drugs case
- Thousands benefit from poverty reduction project
- Heavy rain forecast to continue nationwide
- 399 districts identified as high risk areas for bird flu
- Syria's Bashar al-Assad Reflects on Civil War, Oil, Terrorism and America in Rare Interview
- The number of migrant children detained in custody by U.S. Government almost doubled to a record 69,550 in 2019
Border spring program held in Lai Chau province have 319 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.