In a report sent to the Ministry of Transport, CAAV said that overcrowding has occurred at the two airports in recent days and many flights have been delayed.
“On January 23, as many as 25 flights were delayed at Tan Son Nhat Airport airport,” CAAV said. “We've asked local airlines to adjust flight times on some routes to ease overcrowding at some peak hours. Airlines are also encouraged to arrange more night flights.”
According to CAAV, Tan Son Nhat Airport has been allowed to operate a maximum of 24 domestic flights per hour during the Lunar New Year Holiday. Meanwhile, the number of flights operated per hour allowed in Noi Bai Airport during this time is 17.
“Tan Son Nhat Airport operated 19 flights during the peak hour (between 11am-11.59am) on January 23, and 22 flights during the peak hour of January 24,” CAAV said.
The country’s two biggest airports have become more crowded in recent days due to increasing amounts of travel around the Lunar New Year Holiday.
Vietnam Airlines Group, which operate Vietnam Airlines, Pacific Airlines and VASCO, said on January 17 that flights on many air routes have seen their occupancy rates ranging from 70 to 90 percent in recent days as many people began to make the journey home for the Lunar New Year.
The group observed that this year, passengers have chosen to depart sooner instead of waiting until a few days before Tet like in previous years. A large number of flights with schedules falling between January 17 and 23 now have most of their seats booked.
The 2022 Lunar New Year holiday, the longest and most important holiday in Vietnam, lasts from January 31 through February 4.
- Coronavirus: Why you might still get a refund for your cancelled flights
- Thousands of Brits’ holidays threatened by coronavirus as British Airways and Wizz Air cancel flights
- EasyJet and Wizz Air passengers are denied refunds, refused access to customer services and told to turn up for flights that are already CANCELLED amid coronavirus meltdown
- BA cancels string of transatlantic flights due to coronavirus: London to US routes are reduced due to lack of demand and short-haul flights drastically cut back threatening Easter holidays
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Spent Over Eight Excruciating Hours on a 'Flight to Nowhere'
- Coronavirus: Your rights on flights, hotels, events, sick pay and school closures
- British Airways 'to suspend 36,000 staff days after grounding ALL flights to and from Gatwick due to coronavirus'
- Families slam travel firms as they battle to get their money back for Easter holidays cancelled due to coronavirus while tourism bosses urge government to axe refund rules or risk 'catastrophic damage' to industry
- Flybe stewardess breaks down in tears after airline ‘made her & colleagues redundant via email’ as collapse sparks chaos
- Should I cancel my summer holiday due to coronavirus? Experts warn not to or you could be out of pocket
- EasyJet, BA and Tui still selling flights and holidays in April and May despite global lockdown grounding planes
- How to get a refund from British Airways as it grounds all flights from Gatwick airport
Airlines asked to adjust flight time to ease overcrowding around Tet Holiday have 540 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 25, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.