HÀ NỘI — Northern Việt Nam will experience a cold Tết with drizzle, whilst central and southern Việt Nam will be sunny and dry.
"From January 25, the northern region will be under the effect of a weakened cold front," Nguyễn Văn Hưởng, director of the Meteorological Forecast at the National Centre for Hydrometeorological Forecasting (NCHMF) told Vietnam News Agency. "The weather will be cold at night and foggy in the morning, but the sun will come out in the afternoon."
Hưởng added that cold fronts will continue to come down from the North, and that the NCHMF predicted "cold weather before, during and even after Tết (Lunar New Year)."
In central parts of Việt Nam, there could be some rain in the holidays, whereas the Central Highlands and southern areas will remain dry with sunny weather.
Director of the NCHMF Mai Văn Khiêm said: "Warm weather in central and southern regions, while northern region will experience cold and drizzly weather, with daytime temperatures averaging between 13-14 degrees Celsius."
Hưởng, however, noted that "how cold it will get, where is the coldest area and how long it will last, we can only predict one week ahead of Tết.”
In the case of Hà Nội, Hưởng said that Tết weather would be the same as other northern provinces, with cloudy skies, drizzle and showers, and very cold.
For tourist destinations, northern ones like Sa Pa, Mộc Châu, Đồng Văn and Tam Đảo would have cold weather; areas such as Đà Nẵng and Nha Trang in the Centre and Phú Quốc in the South will be dry and warm.
"Adverse events such as thunderstorms and hail showers are unlikely to happen during the holidays," added Hưởng. "But we can only make a more precise prediction on those events 7-10 days before it happens, so people should pay attention to weather forecast bulletins on our media platforms to make the most out of this holiday season." — VNS
- Book street set to open in HCM City for Tet holiday
- About 1 million tourists visit Hung Temple relic site during Tet
- Weather Whiplash To Become The Norm In Maryland: MEMA
- Five-fruit trees, plants shaped like rats popular for Tet
- Annual book fair to open during Tet in HCM City
- Three tips to work off holiday eating
- Mercer Botanic Gardens introduces holiday event
- Talk show about Tet in the south at Salon Saigon
- Flower farmers prepare for Tết holiday market
- How to plan a holiday in Shillong, Hawaiian islands in September
- Victoria Justice rocks funky jumpsuit alongside Rebecca Dane at disco-themed Rachel Zoe event
- Top tips for solo travellers for a stress-free holiday - including safety advice
Adverse weather events 'unlikely' during Tết holiday have 474 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.