According to the ministry’s report, 16,637 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in all 63 localities in the country with five localities seeing the highest numbers including Hanoi (2,884), Danang (983), Hai Phong (722), Ben Tre (614), and Khanh Hoa (579). There were 78 imported cases confirmed the same day.
The new infections showed an increase of 701 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 11,796 infections found in the community.
As of Thursday evening, 2,088,295 infections had been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (512,195), Binh Duong (292,305), Hanoi (99,910), Dong Nai (99,530), and Tay Ninh (86,553). Vietnam has so far confirmed 108 Omicron-infected cases.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 2,094,802. The country now stands 28th among 224 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On January 20, an additional 5,736 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 1,794,924.
On Thursday evening, a further 152 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 36,266. The high fatalities were reported in some localities including HCM (13), Dong Thap (12), Vinh Long (12), Kien Giang (12), Soc Trang (9), Tien Giang (9), and Hau Giang (9),
Vietnam on January 19 administered 1.06 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 172.71 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 73.30 million people having received two doses.
- Additional 465 domestic COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Additional 609 COVID-19 cases bring tally to 25,419
- Additional 713 COVID-19 cases detected on July 11 afternoon
- Cambodia: Death toll soaring as 21 more Covid-19 cases confirmed, 825 infections as imported cases top 400
- Additional 1,612 new COVID-19 cases confirmed on July 17 afternoon
- Additional 645 COVID-19 cases reported on July 8 afternoon
- Vietnam reports additional 852 COVID-19 cases on July 13 afternoon
- Tokyo 2020: Eight Team GB members isolating as three new COVID-19 cases confirmed
- Additional 633 COVID-19 cases detected on July 11 morning
- No new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Vietnam on June 1 evening
- 1st COVID-19 case confirmed in Tokyo Olympic Village
- The Criterion Yishun condominium Covid-19 case confirmed on July 14, 2021
Additional 16,715 Covid-19 cases confirmed on Thursday have 354 words, post on dtinews.vn at January 20, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.