A health worker administers COVID vaccine to an elderly woman in Tuy Hòa City in the central province of Phú Yên. — VNA/VNS Photo Xuân Triệu
HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam registered 16,838 new COVID-19 patients on Tuesday, raising the total since the start of the pandemic to 2,062,128.
Seventy-five of the new infections were imported and the rest domestic. New cases were reported in all 63 provinces and cities across the country.
A total of 12,151 transmissions were detected in the community.
The capital Hà Nội continued to lead the list, with 2,935 cases.
The other infections were recorded in Hải Phòng (1,139), Đà Nẵng (943), Trà Vinh (638), Bình Định (582), Thanh Hóa (544), Bình Phước (514), Khánh Hòa (507), Bắc Ninh (491), Bến Tre (470), Quảng Ngãi (462), Hưng Yên (374), Cà Mau (354), Quảng Ninh (354), Tây Ninh (335), Vĩnh Phúc (305), Hải Dương (302), Quảng Nam (287), Hòa Bình (261), Thừa Thiên Huế (257), Nam Định (249), Vĩnh Long (245), Lâm Đồng (240), Hồ Chí Minh (226), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (226), Bắc Giang (223), Nghệ An (186), Đắk Lắk (181), Bình Thuận (180), Phú Thọ (166), Bạc Liêu (165), Tuyên Quang (147), Thái Nguyên (132), Thái Bình (124), Kiên Giang (123), Hà Giang (120), Đắk Nông (117), Hậu Giang (105), Yên Bái (100), Kon Tum (98), Hà Nam (98), Lạng Sơn (96), Quảng Bình (96), Ninh Bình (93), Lào Cai (92), Phú Yên (84), Cần Thơ (77), Đồng Tháp (74), Sơn La (69), Gia Lai (62), Điện Biên (54), Tiền Giang (53), Đồng Nai (49), Quảng Trị (45), An Giang (45), Hà Tĩnh (40), Ninh Thuận (38), Bình Dương (37), Long An (35), Lai Châu (33), Sóc Trăng (33), Bắc Kạn (27) Cao Bằng (26).
Việt Nam has registered 70 cases of the Omicron variant so far, all imported cases.
A further 8,692 patients were declared recovered, taking the total given the all-clear to 1,756,154.
A total of 184 fatalities related to COVID-19 were announced, in HCM City (13), Đồng Tháp (30 in two days), Hà Nội (12), Vĩnh Long (12), Kiên Giang (12), Bến Tre (11), An Giang (10), Hậu Giang (9), Cần Thơ (9), Bình Dương (8 ), Sóc Trăng (7), Tiền Giang (7), Bình Phước (6), Đồng Nai (5), Khánh Hòa (4), Tây Ninh (4), Bình Thuận (4), Bạc Liêu (4), Lâm Đồng (3), Trà Vinh (3), Hải Dương (2), Đà Nẵng (2), Bắc Ninh (2), Ninh Bình (1), Cao Bằng (1), Quảng Trị (1), Quảng Ngãi (1) and Cà Mau (1).
Việt Nam has seen 35,972 deaths related to COVID-19 so far, making up 1.7 per of total infections and ranking 25th out of 224 countries and territories worldwide.
More than 170.1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered since the start of the pandemic. — VNS
- New ATM Theft Case is Unsealed
- Movie Tuesday: Jazz on film
- Measles outbreak that sickened 312 in Rockland County, New York, declared over
- INX Media case: After 55 days in CBI and judicial custody, Chidambaram may now be arrested by ED
- British woman, 19, is victim of 'revenge porn' after Israeli teens shared explicit 'gang bang' video says her lawyer as she appears in court charged with public mischief
- Three killed in speed boat record attempt in Italy
- 3 STIs hit historic highs in the US: Record number of chlamydia cases in 2018 as super gonorrhea surged and syphilis killed 94 newborns
- Record race numbers
- First vaping death in New York confirmed: 17-year-old boy who died after using e-cigs brings US toll to 22
- A third of England's 10 and 11 year olds are overweight, reveal shocking new figures amid obesity crisis
- Clifford stays positive despite Ilkeston Town losing home record
- Horoscope for Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019
16,838 new COVID-19 cases recorded on Tuesday have 608 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.