HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam reported 15,954 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday including 69 imported transmissions, in 61 provinces and cities.
Hà Nội continued to take the lead in the number of infections with 2,884 new cases, including 14 of the Omicron variant.
Đà Nẵng, Bắc Ninh, Hải Phòng, Thanh Hóa and Quảng Nam also confirmed a large number of infections.
Việt Nam has so far confirmed 166 cases of the Omicron variant with HCM City having the most (92).
The national COVID-19 tally has now reached 2,187,481 cases.
A total of 20,540 patients recovered, increasing the total recoveries to 1,924,609.
4,402 patients are in serious condition.
A further 155 COVID-related deaths were confirmed, raising the total fatalities in Việt Nam to 37,165.
The number of vaccine doses administered has increased to 178,818,612, including 78,945,692 first doses; 73,967,094 second doses and 25,905,826 third doses. — VNS
- Congo announces 11 new Ebola cases
- The Latest: Officials confirm new viral case amid outbreak
- First case of super-resistant gonorrhea reported in the UK
- CDC reports 41 new measles cases as outbreak continues to grow
- WHO sounds warning about new polio cases
- New York City is suing big oil for global warming
- Poor diet tied to 5% of all cancer cases, study suggests
- The number of Americans breathing polluted air is rising, report says
- At least 228 measles cases in US this year, CDC says
- Measles cases surpass 300 this year, CDC says
- 78 new measles cases reported nationwide since last week, CDC says
- Number of measles cases in U.S. jumps to 465, most affected at children
15,954 new coronavirus cases, 166 cases of Omicron variant reported on Wednesday have 253 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.