HÀ NỘI — The capital city of Hà Nội recorded 2,885 COVID-19 infections on Friday, as Việt Nam posted a daily rise of 14,929 cases.
The capital city again recorded the highest number of daily transmissions nationwide. Only 37 cases on Friday were imported.
The number of COVID-19 related fatalities announced Friday was 141.
Total cases since the start of the pandemic now stand at 2,218,137, of which 2,211,243 are the result of the fourth wave that started in late April 2021.
A total of 10,422 new transmissions were detected in the community.
Behind Hà Nội, Bắc Ninh recorded 1,013 cases and Đà Nẵng recorded 886.
The remaining infections were detected in Hải Phòng (635), Quảng Nam (617), Thanh Hóa (582), Nam Định (518), Phú Thọ (454), Hòa Bình (427), Bình Định (424), Hưng Yên (374), Vĩnh Phúc (369), Bắc Giang (357), Quảng Ninh (343), Quảng Ngãi (341), Hải Dương (341), Nghệ An (266), Bình Phước (239), Thừa Thiên Huế (223), Lâm Đồng (206), Thái Bình (169), Lào Cai (169), Hà Nam (159), Hồ Chí Minh City (153), Sơn La (153), Lạng Sơn (151), Cà Mau (145), Khánh Hòa (129), Tây Ninh (126), Hà Giang (125), Thái Nguyên (124), Quảng Bình (115), Quảng Trị (112), Bến Tre (110), Đắk Nông (103), Vĩnh Long (101), Ninh Bình (92), Yên Bái (92), Điện Biên (82), Kiên Giang (78), Kon Tum (70), Gia Lai (63), Bình Thuận (63), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (59), Tuyên Quang (55), Đồng Tháp (55), Trà Vinh (50), Cao Bằng (49), Phú Yên (48), Bình Dương (47), Bạc Liêu (44), Bắc Kạn (41), Long An (40), Hậu Giang (38), Ninh Thuận (32), Cần Thơ (30), Sóc Trăng (29), Lai Châu (27), An Giang (25), Đồng Nai (21), Tiền Giang (17) and Đắk Lắk (1).
Việt Nam's COVID death toll is now 37,432 cases, about 1.7 per cent of total infections.
There are 4,147 COVID-19 patients nationwide in serious condition, with 533 requiring invasive ventilation and 18 on life support.
A further 4,633 patients were given the all-clear on Friday, bringing the total number of recoveries to 1,950,244.
785,008 doses of vaccine were administered today in Việt Nam.
More than 74 million people in Việt Nam have now been fully inoculated, while around 79 million people have received at least one dose of vaccine. 27 million people have been boosted with a third dose. — VNS
- Six new Covid-19 cases reported, total reaches 233
- Six more Covid-19 cases reported
- J&K: Five more new COVID-19 cases reported
- No fresh Covid-19 case reported in 3 days in tricity, 248 of 261 tested negative
- Coronavirus In West Virginia: 28 COVID-19 Cases Reported At Morgantown Nursing Home, State’s ‘Ground Zero’
- More Than 3,000 New COVID-19 Cases Reported in Turkey Over 24 Hours – Health Minister
- Three more Covid-19 cases reported, total stands at 240
- US coronavirus death toll rises past 3,000, over 1.6 lakh Covid-19 cases reported
- 26 new COVID-19 cases reported in State
- 19 new COVID-19 cases reported in Kerala, 1.20 lakh under observation
- Six more Covid-19 cases reported relating to Bach Mai Hospital
- BMC goes on massive quarantine measures as more COVID-19 cases reported
14,929 COVID-19 cases reported in Việt Nam on Friday have 517 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 28, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.