A medical worker performs healthcheck for a patient. Đức Giang General Hospital has set up an examination centre to treat post-COVID conditions. — VNA/VNS Photo Minh Quyết
HÀ NỘI — The capital city of Hà Nội recorded 2,801 COVID-19 infections on Monday, as Việt Nam posted a daily rise of 14,362 cases.
The number of COVID-19 related fatalities reported was 165.
Total transmissions since the start of the pandemic now stands at 2,149,095, of which 1,838,363 came in the fourth wave that started in late April 2021.
Only 55 cases were imported, and the remaining were domestic. A total of 9,534 new transmissions were detected in the community.
Behind Hà Nội, Đà Nẵng recorded 958 cases and Hải Phòng recorded 733.
The remaining infections were detected in Hưng Yên (644), Thanh Hóa (585), Quảng Ninh (404), Quảng Ngãi (387), Bình Phước (382), Bình Định (363), Nam Định (355), Hải Dương (342), Bắc Ninh (335), Nghệ An (306), Vĩnh Phúc (297), Phú Thọ (295), Bắc Giang (292), Thái Nguyên (288), Hòa Bình (278), Quảng Nam (270), Thừa Thiên Huế (259), Lâm Đồng (196), Cà Mau (191), Thái Bình (174), Khánh Hòa (159), Tây Ninh (158), Vĩnh Long (152), Quảng Bình (148), Bến Tre (134), Lạng Sơn (133), Quảng Trị (125), Hà Nam (124), Lào Cai (115), Hà Tĩnh (112), Sơn La (109), Ninh Bình (107), Hà Giang (106), Phú Yên (105), Hồ Chí Minh City (97), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (95), Yên Bái (95), Trà Vinh (93), Tuyên Quang (87), Gia Lai (86), Kon Tum (85), Kiên Giang (78), Hậu Giang (78), Cao Bằng (70), Bình Thuận (64), Bạc Liêu (60), Đắk Nông (51), Đồng Tháp (51), Điện Biên (44), Long An (40), An Giang (36), Bình Dương (31), Cần Thơ (29), Ninh Thuận (26), Lai Châu (26), Đồng Nai (23), Sóc Trăng (21) and Tiền Giang (19).
Việt Nam's COVID death toll has now reached 36,844, about 1.7 per cent of total infections.
There are currently 4,484 COVID-19 patients nationwide in serious condition, with 631 requiring invasive ventilation and 19 on life support.
A further 36,331 patients were given the all-clear on Sunday, bringing the total number of recoveries to 1,841,180.
882,832 doses of vaccine were administered in Việt Nam today. Almost 74 million people in the country have now been fully inoculated; while around 79 million people have received at least one dose of the vaccine. 23.7 million people have received a third dose. — VNS
- 2,892 COVID cases recorded in Telangana
- Four new imported COVID-cases recorded on August 31 evening
- No new COVID-cases recorded on September 1 morning
- The constitution of the socialist republic of Viet Nam
- JICA proud to be part of Viet Nam’s development progress: Chief Representative
- Viet Nam’s production decreases for second month running in August
- Telangana logs 2,734 new COVID cases
- Bao Viet Tokio Marine Insurance Co Ltd aims to strengthen brand position in Viet Nam
- Tokio Marine Insurance Co Ltd aims to strengthen brand position in Viet Nam
- Tokio Marine Insurance Vietnam Co Ltd aims to strengthen brand position in Viet Nam
- Trump says briefings will return and touts masks, in apparent shift amid surge in Covid cases
- 'I could be infecting people here in Italy now': Passenger's shock as Hazmat-suited medics drag suspected Covid case off plane - before it is then allowed to fly with cabin full of people fearing they have the virus
14,362 COVID cases recorded in Việt Nam on Monday have 545 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.