The index started to decline in the last hour of trading and closed nearly 39 points lower.
Trading value on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (HoSE), on which the index is based, surged 43 percent to VND32.86 trillion ($1.44 billion).
The VN30 basket, comprising the 30 largest capped stocks, was a sea of red with 28 tickers losing, led by SSI of leading brokerage SSI Securities Corporation with a 6.5 percent drop.
This is the ticker's third session in the red. It is now at a near two-week low.
GVR of Vietnam Rubber Group lost 5.6 percent to the lowest in nearly two weeks.
VRE of retail real estate arm Vincom Retail plunged 5.2 percent to a near 12-week low.
Other losers included BID of state-owned lender BIDV, down 5 percent, and BVH of insurance company Bao Viet Holdings, down 4.6 percent.
PDR of Phat Dat Real Estate Development was the only blue-chip ticker to end in the green with a 0.1 percent gain.
Foreign investors were net sellers for the eighth session to the tune of VND415 billion.
The HNX-Index for stocks on the Hanoi Stock Exchange, home to mid and small caps, fell 1.96 percent while the UPCoM-Index for the Unlisted Public Companies Market dropped 2.13 percent.
- Market watch: Foreigners buy, but KSE-100 plunges 586 points
- Market watch: KSE-100 registers 816-point increase as buying spree continues
- Walmart plunge causes Wall Street dip and ends winning streak
- Small business confidence plunges in Scotland as challenges mount
- Market watch: Stock market starts week on disappointing note
- Stocks Tumble in Biggest Weekly Decline Since 2016: Markets Wrap
- Pakistan ranked 117 out of 180 countries on Transparency International corruption index
- A Horror Week for the Dow Has Investors Begging for Trump Respite
- Crypto Stock Longfin Extends Slide After Russell Index Ouster
- Weekly review: Correction takes shine off KSE-100’s bullish run
- Weekly review: KSE-100 endures roller-coaster ride, ends 0.41% lower
- ‘Vulnerable’ Stocks and Record U.S. Debt Sales Dominate the Week
VN-Index registers biggest plunge in 15 weeks have 304 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 3, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.