Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and his Dutch counterpart Mark Rutte discussed measures to enhance cooperation between their two countries during phone talks on Monday.
During the dialogue, PM Chinh stated Vietnam always values its friendship and comprehensive cooperation with the Netherlands in politics, diplomacy, trade and investment, security and defense, culture, education, agriculture, and climate change adaptation.
He thanked the Dutch government and business community for helping Vietnam overcome the difficulties brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The premier expressed hope that the Netherlands will help boost connectivity between Vietnam and Europe, which will promote the export of Vietnamese products to the European market.
He urged the Dutch parliament to ratify the EU-Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA).
Chinh proposed that the Netherlands grant scholarships to Vietnamese students and create favorable conditions for the Vietnamese community there.
PM Rutte praised Vietnam's achievements over the past time, particularly in COVID-19 prevention and control.
He believed that the two nations should work closely in promoting trade and investment for economic recovery and growth.
The two leaders agreed to maintain regular exchange mechanisms and cooperation orientations regarding seaports, education, and tourism.
They discussed measures to promote bilateral collaboration within the framework of the two nations' strategic partnership, focusing on fields such as climate change adaptation, water management, sustainable agriculture, and food security.
The prime ministers underscored the importance of maintaining peace and stability in the East Vietnam Sea as well as solving disputes in accordance with international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
On this occasion, PM Chinh invited his Dutch counterpart to visit Vietnam again soon.
PM Rutte said he hoped to soon welcome the Vietnamese premier to the Netherlands for an official visit in the near future.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Il meets with Chinese premier Wen Jiabao
- FS holds talks with Chinese vice foreign minister on Xi's upcoming India visit
- Tebas or not Tebas? That is the question for the Premier League
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Goal-starved Man United plan Wilson, Mandzukic moves
- China claims Google case not linked to U.S. ties, as Hillary Clinton readies Internet freedom speech
- Investigation of Trump campaign's possible Russia collusion may focus on Ukraine ties
- Fidel Castro asks US lawmakers how to improve ties
- Director Susan Lacy talks deconstructing an icon in Jane Fonda In Five Acts
- CELL FONES TIED TO TUMORS
- It is time for Roger Clemens to cut losses and ties with Rusty Hardin
- Surface Duo: Panos Panay on why Microsoft’s foldable phone uses Android - The Verge
- GATECRASHER. Jess, Nick split on discussing rift
Vietnamese, Dutch premiers discuss bilateral ties during phone talks have 441 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.