Police in Vietnam solved more than 25,000 drug-related crimes across the country from January to November, with more than 37,000 suspects arrested.
The anti-narcotic police division under the Ministry of Public Security organized a press meeting in Hanoi on Wednesday to review their missions in 2021.
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, drug-related crimes in Vietnam, as well as in the region and the world, remained serious and unpredictable, as criminals have been using new methods and technologies to avoid getting caught, said Major General Nguyen Van Vien, head of the anti-drug police division.
|Major General Nguyen Van Vien, head of the anti-narcotic police division under the Ministry of Public Security, speaks at a press meeting on December 1, 2021. Photo: Than Hoang / Tuoi Tre|
Between January and November this year, officers detected over 25,000 drug-related crimes across the country, arresting over 37,000 suspects and confiscating 596 kilograms of heroin and 2.4 metric tons of synthetic drugs.
Police also seized 67 military guns, seven grenades, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition belonging to drug trafficking rings.
The majority of narcotics in these cases were transported into Vietnam from abroad before being distributed in the country or taken to another nation, Vien elaborated.
|Weapons belonging to a drug ring are confiscated by officers in this supplied photo.|
In one of the serious cases, police in Ho Chi Minh City and southern Tay Ninh Province broke up a large-scale drug ring on November 8, confiscating nearly 40 kilograms of narcotics of various types.
The racket began operating in 2020 by trading and transporting drugs from Cambodia into Vietnam's Tay Ninh Province before distributing them in Ho Chi Minh City.
The ring was led by Tran Huynh Vu, 28, a gambling addict who had established a business connection with a drug dealer in Cambodia.
- Police seize 44lbs of cocaine worth more than £2million and £300,000 in cash as five people are arrested in drugs and money laundering probe
- Cassie Sainsbury: Adelaide woman arrested for drug trafficking in Colombia was framed, family says
- 2 Pacifica Residents Arrested In Connection With 2019 Fatal Overdose, Operating Drug House
- Attleboro Police Issue Silver Alert For Man Missing For 2 Weeks
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia on April 18
- Police issue 3,493 coronavirus-related fines while anti-social behaviour leaps 59% and domestic abuse rises 3% - but overall crime falls by nearly a third during lockdown
- Baltimore officer charged with lying to feds on drug deal
- Detective Leaving Santa Monica Hospital In Coronavirus Recovery
- Arrest Made In Annapolis Attempted Murder Case: Police
- Police officer dies after being shot in Davis; suspected gunman found dead
- Employee Found Peddling Meth At Largo Health Store: Police
- Porsche driver makes contact with police after fatal Eastern Freeway crash which killed four officers
Vietnam police detect over 25,000 drug-related crimes in January-November have 446 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.