At noon on October 23, local troops and militia force promptly rushed to several communes and Cho Chua townlet in Nghia Hanh district to team with relevant forces to evacuate hundred people, their cattle and assets to safe places.
Apart from patrolling, the local militia force also blocked several places to prevent people from travelling to ensure security and safety, placed warning signs, and supported thousands of vehicles on roads.
Vo Duy Thanh, Head of the Military Command of Hanh Dung commune, said that before the rainy season, the command conducted studies and asked households with strong houses residing in areas with low risk of flooding to support others in need to take shelter. Thanks to earlier studies and talks, Hanh Dung commune's Military Command and relevant forces successfully evacuated 30 households with over 100 people and their assets from low-lying areas, minimizing damages caused by the flooding.
Via a phone talk on October 24, Colonel Tran Minh Quan, Commanding Officer of the Military Command of Nghia Hanh district, shared that the flood in the area is receding slowly. The command will provide locals with food and be determined to not let any people go hungry or get cold because of flooding.
At present, several places in Binh Hiep commune, Binh Son district remain to be inundated. To ensure safety, the local military command keeps blocking six places to warn and prevent people from travelling.
So far, 1,370 households with 4,541 people in deeply-flooded areas and places prone to landslides in Quang Ngai province have already moved to safe areas.
It is forecast that rain and flooding in Central provinces, including Quang Ngai, will develop complicatedly. Facing that situation, the local party committees, authorities, and armed forces have proactively prepared personnel and vehicles to support people on request. In that circumstance, troops and militia forces are really a firm fulcrum for locals.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Troops stand side by side with flood-hit people
- Military troops assist disaster-hit people
- Quang Nam, Quang Ngai hard hit by torrential rains
- Aid for the flood-hit soon: Minister
- More support given to flood-hit localities
- Devastating Floods Hit Turkey as It Reels From Hundreds of Wildfires
- In flood-hit Kerala, India, couple floats to wedding in giant pot
- Heavy floods hit Davao City’s residential, business districts
- Two paddleboarders feared killed in UK flash flood with 'people in distress'
- 'Have lost everything': Heart-wrenching scenes in flood-hit Kerala
- Vietnamese peacekeepers share difficulty with flood-hit victims in South Sudan
- Flood-triggered landslide kills three people, leaves five missing
Quang Ngai troops actively assist flood-hit people have 404 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 3, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.