The PM, who is also head of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, stressed that the pandemic is unpredictable with the emergence of the Omicron variant, while COVID-19 infections and death toll in the country keep rising, hence the meeting.
He required localities to candidly identify problems and difficulties in the pandemic fight, and raise proposals regarding vaccines, treatment drugs, medical supplies as well as the direction and implementation work.
Chinh stressed that extra efforts are needed to reduce the numbers of new cases, severe cases, and fatalities.
He asked localities to continue implementing the Government's Resolution 128/NQ-CP dated October 11, 2021 on safe and flexible adaptation to and effective control of the COVID-19 pandemic. No locality is allowed to issue regulations contrary to those by the upper level.
The Ministry of Health reported that in the fourth wave of outbreaks to December 15, the country recorded more than 1.4 million cases of COVID-19, with 28,500 deaths. Over 1 million patients had recovered.
In the week from December 9 to 15, the country detected 106,918 new infections, including 64,723 found in the community. Most of the new cases were reported in the southern region (71.2 percent).
The ministry forecast that new infections and deaths would increase in many localities in the time ahead as social activities have been resumed, people begin to let guard down and new variants spread quickly, among other reasons.
- Boris Johnson rules out a Leave Alliance with Nigel Farage as the PM puts the Tories on an election collision course with the Brexit Party, telling voters: 'The only way to get this thing done is to vote for us'
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- NHL 2015-2016: Top Rookie Of The Year Candidates Emerging
- Game Day Preview – OKC Thunder attempt series sweep versus Hawks, Dec. 19
- Projecting the top Pac-12 candidates for the 2019 NFL Draft (USC and Washington look loaded)
- Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Corbyn chickens out of letting public go to the polls as MPs inflict humiliating defeat on PM hours after passing law to stop No Deal
- Everything you need to know about what the Commission did (and didn't) recommend to fix college basketball
- Lancaster Scene: Sports calendar and listings from across the area
- Could Rice report recommendations have prevented alleged NC State, Dennis Smith issues?
- Critics say NCAA panel's basketball recommendations fell short of 'decisive action'
- Coaches to discuss NCAA hoops proposals together
- Replacing Steve Clifford problematic because of Hornets' painful coaching history
PM requires localities to candidly identify hindrances of COVID-19 combat have 405 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 23, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.