Senior Lieutenant General Le Huy Vinh, Deputy Minister of National Defense, chaired the program. Senior Lieutenant General Do Can, Deputy Director of the General Department of Political Affairs attended the event.
The event was organized via the online form, connecting 47 localities in the whole military.
Accordingly, the program aimed to disseminate information to raise awareness of women's advancement and gender equality among officers, soldiers, women’s union members, and workers in the whole military, thus promoting popularization and education of law on gender equality and gender-based violence prevention and response.
Addressing the event, Senior Lieutenant General Le Huy Vinh underlined that over the past years, the Central Military Commission, the Ministry of National Defense, Party Committees, political agencies in the whole military have paid attention to carrying out the Party's directives, resolutions, and State's laws. The work for the advancement of women, gender equality, and gender-based violence prevention and response in the military has been implemented in line with orientations of the National Committee for the Advancement of Vietnamese Women.
Calling for active participation of troops and women in the military, Gen. Vinh asked participating units and agencies to further boost dissemination and education of law on gender equality and gender-based violence prevention and response while equipping women and girls with measures to protect themselves from violence.
On this occasion, the Ministry of National Defense's Committee for the Advancement of Women honored and presented gifts to 70 outstanding military families for their contribution to the COVID-19 prevention and control work of military units in the whole military.
Translated by Quynh Oanh
- Women advancement and gender equality in the military in 2021 reviewed
- 'This is a war!' Anti-vaxxers set up 'military-style' training camps to unleash disruption
- Beijing Threatens Military Action to Prevent Taiwan Split from One China
- Be careful! Tory MP slips up mocking Putin for ‘s**t game’ of 'trick' military strategy
- Prince Andrew stripped of military titles & patronages amid sexual assault case
- North Korea tests ‘tactical guided missiles’ in military push
- World Leaders To Explore Girls' Education As Climate Crisis Solution At Upcoming United Nations Conference
- Delta Vows to Treat Nonbinary Travelers Equally. Other Airlines Stay Silent.
- Why the Economic Gender Gap Will Eventually Close
- Geena Davis interview: Oscars, Thelma & Louise and Gender Bias
- Why Affirmative Action Is on the Ballot in Washington State
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg leaves legacy as champion of women's equality
Military units respond to action month for gender equality have 392 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 9, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.