Hanoi (VNA) – Only through joint and timely actions, countries in the Mekong-Lancang river basin can overcome current challenges and protectcommon prosperity and culture, stated Minister of Natural Resources and Environment Tran Hong Ha.
Addressing the second Mekong-Lancang Water Resources Cooperation Forum that opened on December 7 via videoconference, Minister Ha said that the Mekong-Lancang river basin is home to over 60 million people who are facing great and increasing challenges, including the exhaust of natural resources, environmental degradation, and biodiversity losses.
The minister stressed the need for senior leaders of the Mekong-Lancang Cooperation to build an overall and sustainable development for the whole region on the basis of considering the specific conditions and the interest of each regional country, while strengthening the partnership among governments and relevant parties, including regional and international organisations, scientist community, businesses and civil social organisations.
Alongside, policies and actions regarding the management of water resources should be made suitable to the goals given by Mekong-Lancang Cooperation Leaders on post-pandemic economic recovery and sustainable development on the basis of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and commitments given at the 26th UN Climate Change Conference (COP26).
Minister Ha affirmed that as an active and responsible member, Vietnam commits to working closely with other regional countries to carry out decisions of top leaders of member states.
He expressed his belief that the discussions at the forum will bring about important messages and recommendations, while all countries will join hands together to turn challenges into new development opportunities, affirming the joint vision and determination for a basin of sustainability and prosperity./.
- Solidarity key to ASEAN overcoming challenges, maintaining sustainable growth
- Lancang-Mekong dams key in mitigating aridity
- Ministry leaders discuss action plan to implement EVFTA
- Vietnamese, French PMs talk COVID-19 fight, cooperation enhancement
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 11
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 9
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 8
- ASEAN, US to strengthen capacity in response to new waves of COVID-19
- Vietnam, Japan foster cooperation in industry, trade, energy
- Vietnam an invaluable member of ASEAN: Filipino diplomat
- Singapore sees Việt Nam valuable friend during Covid-19
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 3
Joint action crucial for Mekong-Lancang river countries to overcome challenges: Vietnamese Minister have 360 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 7, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.