HCM CITY — The Indian consulate general in HCM City and Đồng Tháp Province organised an online meeting to promote trade in the agricultural sector.
The 'Virtual meet on Trade and Investment promotion between India and Đồng Tháp Province in Agriculture' on December 15 saw Đoàn Tấn Bửu, deputy chairman of the province People's Committee, saying trade with India had grown steadily in in the first nine months of this year to reach US$5.96 million.
His province is ready to tie up with Indian investors and businesses for organic and sustainable food processing and wants to invite them to invest in farming mango, its main fruit, he said.
Madan Mohan Sethi, the consul general, said the Indian companies want to explore business and investment interests with entrepreneurs of Đồng Tháp.
He wants to have more interactions between states in India and provinces in Việt Nam.
On the occasion, the Indian Business Chamber in Vietnam (INCHAM) and Đồng Tháp Trade, Tourism and Investment Promotion Centre signed an MoU to step up trade and investment co-operation between the two sides and strengthen communication and exchanges of delegations.
The meeting was attended by 70 Indian and Vietnamese officials and executives from the agricultural commodities and food processing sectors.
Thirty companies from India and Việt Nam joined a B2B session to discuss potential trade opportunities in the agricultural sector. — VNS
- India's quest in seeking critical technologies to safeguard national interest: Principal Secretary to PM
- Indian SMEs Capitalising on Armenian Avenues
- Ministry suggests three investment plans for Long Thanh airport project
- The Menace of Poverty in Indian Economy
- The Fate of Indian Manufacturing Sector
- Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal calls for enabling policy to attract investments, says IUC not a pricing tool
- Indian Oil will soon announce its foray in energy storage: S S V Ramakumar, Director, R&D
- EST Group plans to invest $250 mn into Indian startups in next 18 months
- Not privatising Railways, only seeking private investment in the sector: Piyush Goyal
- Can a Technology Newsletter Guide You to Investment Profits?
- Vietnam, UAE seek to expand trade, investment links
- Interconnect fee was to be scrapped from January: TRAI seeks views on deferring zero-IUC regime
Đồng Tháp seeks to tap Indian investment, technology in agriculture have 387 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.