HÀ NỘI — The Civil Aviation Authority of Việt Nam has proposed halting all flights, including repatriation flights, to and from 10 African countries, amid fears over the Omicron coronavirus variant.
The aviation authority has requested the transport ministry to report to the Prime Minister and seek permission to halt flights from Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Angola and Zambia, as well as deny entries for any passengers with a travel history through these 10 nations within 30 days prior to arrival in Việt Nam.
The aviation authority also wants the transport ministry to consult with the health ministry for specific instructions on medical control measures for passengers coming from some countries where cases of Omicron variant have appeared such as South Korea or Japan; proposes the health ministry to strengthen medical isolation procedures; and ensure that all foreign arrivals from countries with reports of Omicron undergo medical isolation upon entry into Việt Nam.
The transport ministry is also urged to work with the public security ministry on the stringent management of all entries into Việt Nam, especially people who have entered Việt Nam through air borders from countries with the Omicron variant.
Việt Nam so far has not detected any COVID-19 case with the new variant that has caused global concerns in recent days.
The country is still keeping its border mostly sealed against most foreign arrivals in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but has allowed in a limited number of flights carrying business executives, diplomats, highly skilled workers, or repatriated Vietnamese citizens from overseas.
In November, Việt Nam has started to receive international tourists on a pilot basis to select popular destinations like Phú Quốc (Kiên Giang) or Đà Nẵng, and Khánh Hoà under the 'Live Fully in Việt Nam' campaign — VNS
- Former flight attendant Jan Brown on lifelong mission to ban lap infants on airplanes
- Fears of African swine fever reaching Australia rise, as Indonesia confirms outbreak
- African experiments with drone technologies could leapfrog decades of infrastructure neglect
- Eurovision clashes with Israel as host country
- The refugee ban: Why does it matter?
- Kenya is no country for young people thanks to our MPs
- South Sudanese back return to 10 states
- What really happened on Flight 103?
- Sex and politics are BANNED in TV soaps as Egypt's President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi unleashes new wave of censorship with his government using WhatsApp to tell the news media what to report
- Doctor pleads guilty to groping a sleeping woman's breast during Delta flight between New York and Memphis - after claiming he thought she was consenting because she was 'leaning towards his seat'
- India Deploys Troops to Country's Northeast Amid Protests Against New Citizenship Legislation
- Germany: Police presence on migrant deportation flights nearly doubles
Aviation authority proposes banning flights, denying entries from 10 African countries over Omicron fears have 470 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at December 4, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.