(Reuters) – Apple Inc has told its parts suppliers that demand for the iPhone 13 lineup has slowed, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter, signaling that some consumers have decided against trying to get the hard-to-find item.
The company had earlier cut production of iPhone 13 by as many as 10 million units due to a global chip shortage, but now it has informed vendors that those orders may not materialize, the report said.
Apple and some of its suppliers 3M Co, Broadcom Inc and Advanced Micro Devices Inc did not immediately respond to requests for comments from Reuters.
A global chip crunch, initially due to high demand for smartphones and personal gadgets during the coronavirus pandemic, has affected the auto industry and disrupted production at companies ranging from Apple to GM.
In October, Apple’s Chief Executive Tim Cook warned that the impact of supply constraints, which cost the company $6 billion in sales in the fiscal fourth quarter, will be worse during the holiday quarter and that chip shortage was affecting most of the company’s products.
Nikkei reported last month that Apple even cut back production of iPad tablets to allocate more components to the iPhone 13.
(Reporting by Maria Ponnezhath in Bengaluru; Editing by Arun Koyyur)
- iPhone 13 Lineup's Stock May Not Meet Demand Until February 2022. Here's Why
- Apple announces new self-service repair program; available first for iPhone 12, iPhone 13 lineups
- Apple shares drop on iPhone 13 production fears
- Here are four ways to find the battery percentage of your iPhone 13 and earlier iPhones too
- Apple iPhone 13 Pro review: The camera and battery shine over the subtle improvements
- Apple iPhone 13 mini review: The comfort phone
- Apple Loop: iPhone 13 Warning, Shock iPhone 14 Leak, Apple’s Massive U-Turn
- Apple Loop: AirPods 3 Review, iPhone 13 Stock Levels, MacOS Monterey Review
- iPhone 13 Holding Value Much Better Than Any Other iPhone After Launch
- Apple Can't Make Enough iPhone 13s Due to the Chip Shortage | Digital Trends
- Apple May Have To Cut iPhone 13 Production By ‘10 Million Units’ As Chip Crunch Worsens: Report
- Apple Loop: Stunning New iPhone Leak, Speeding Up Safari, Apple’s Surprise U-Turn
Apple tells suppliers demand for iPhone 13 lineup has weakened - Bloomberg News have 337 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at December 2, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.