The list of winners were released Saturday by Dezeen.
The ‘Bat Trang House’, designed by VTN Architects, won the “Urban House of The Year” award. Located in Hanoi's famous Bat Trang ceramic village, the house's striking feature is its “double skin” made with local sourced perforated ceramic.
‘Bat Trang House’ in Hanoi. Photo courtesy of VTN Architects
“The house has an original use of material and beautiful light by using the outside as a filtering skin. The look is radical and there are surprising elements that work very well,” judges commented.
The house had previously earned 44 percent of public votes in the “Urban House” section in October.
Architecture firm HGAA’s ‘My Montessori Garden’ received the “Civic Building Of The Year.”
‘My Montessori Garden’ in Quang Ninh Province. Photo courtesy of HGAA
Completed in 2019, the steel-framed preschool is located in Ha Long Town, Quang Ninh Province. The goal of the design team was to create a classroom among trees and flowers, creating a natural space for children.
Judges praised “the simplicity of the plan and the complexity of the inside and outside” saying it “works really well for the children.
“The building is drawn to the scale of the kids: micro scale, micro nature, micro levels. The kids look so happy,” they said.
The “Emerging Architecture Studio Of The Year” went to ODDO Architects, founded in 2016 by Mai Lan Chi Obtulovicova, Nguyen Duc Trung and Marek Obtulovic. It is based in Vietnam and the Czech Republic.
A house designed by ODDO Architect. Photo courtesy of the architecture firm
“This new practice shows a commitment to reinventing architectural design. The selection of materials and spaces they make in this early work shows a promise of values that speak to the current challenges faced by society including how to stretch modest budgets yet achieve excellence in design,” the judges remarked.
ODDO Architects once designed a tube house in Hanoi's Ha Dong District with a double facade that offered a peaceful escape from bustling city streets.
The Dezeen Awards 2021 attracted more than 4,700 entries from 86 countries and territories.
- Festival honours Vietnamese identity in international integration
- Vietnamese scientist honoured with Japan int’l award
- Sun Group lands major haul of honors at World Travel Awards 2019
- International Emmy Awards 2019: Radhika Apte & Karan Johar Dazzle On Red Carpet; No Wins For India
- Vietnam listed company awards 2019 honours 34 winners
- Japan honors Vietnamese scientist for animal husbandry breakthrough
- Female intellectuals gather at Global Young Vietnamese Intellectual Forum
- International Emmy Awards 2019: Marina Gera Beats Radhika Apte; Bags Best Performance Award
- BEST OF MARATHI CINEMA HONORED AT THE JIO FILMFARE AWARDS MARATHI 2017
- Fans upset by Hanoi’s dreadful organization of Asia Artist Awards 2019
- Presentation Ceremony of National External Information Service Awards 2018
- Vietnamese air monitoring app wins international tech award
Vietnamese architects bag international awards have 457 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.