The Ministry of Health confirmed 12,936 additional COVID-19 infections in Vietnam on Sunday, along with 1,712 recoveries and 190 fatalities.
The latest cases, including eight imported and 12,928 domestic transmissions, were documented in 57 provinces and cities, the ministry said, noting that 7,100 patients got infected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City logged 1,454 of the latest infections, Can Tho City 966, Binh Duong Province 705, Binh Thuan Province 598, Dong Nai Province 553, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 531, Hanoi 277, Khanh Hoa Province 258, Bac Ninh Province 185, Thua Thien-Hue Province 136, Lam Dong Province 133, Hai Phong City 128, Da Nang 66, Quang Nam Province 64, and Quang Ninh Province 28.
Vietnam had detected 16,052 locally-acquired infections on Saturday.
The country has recorded 1,205,128 community transmissions in all its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave erupted on April 27. A total of 955,819 of them have recovered from COVID-19.
Ho Chi Minh City stays atop the list with 467,407 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 280,908, Dong Nai Province with 86,184, Long An Province with 37,966, Tay Ninh Province with 27,182, Tien Giang Province with 24,638, An Giang Province with 22,491, Dong Thap Province with 20,814, Can Tho City with 15,832, Binh Thuan Province with 15,647, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 13,569, Khanh Hoa Province with 12,722, Hanoi with 9,684, and Da Nang with 5,882.
Vietnam reported only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 1,712 recovered patients on Sunday, taking the total to 958,636.
The toll has spiked to 24,882 mortalities after the ministry logged 190 deaths on the same day, including 72 in Ho Chi Minh City, 18 in Dong Nai Province, 13 in Binh Duong Province, 10 in Kien Giang Province, and the remaining in 16 other provinces and cities.
Vietnam has confirmed 1,210,340 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first struck it early last year.
Health workers have administered more than 118.7 million vaccine doses, including 1,074,001 jabs on Saturday, since inoculation was rolled out nationwide on March 8.
Upwards of 69.7 million of the country's 98 million people have got at least one dose while over 49 million are now fully vaccinated.
Health authorities target to fully inoculate 80 percent of the adults and 100 percent of those aged 12 to under 18 by the end of this year, according to a draft government plan for COVID-19 response in 2021-23.
- Orange County Reports 420 New Coronavirus Cases, 2 Additional Deaths
- Pa. Health. Dept. Reports 631 New Coronavirus Cases, 25 More Deaths Statewide
- Orange County Reports 405 New Coronavirus Cases, 3 Additional Deaths
- New Mexico reports 266 new coronavirus cases, 7 more deaths
- Arkansas reports 642 new coronavirus cases, 2 more deaths
- Arkansas reports 824 new coronavirus cases, 7 more deaths
- Arkansas reports 595 new coronavirus cases, 10 more deaths
- The Latest: New Zealand reports 2 new coronavirus cases
- Mainland China reports 22 new coronavirus cases, including 18 in Xinjiang
- Costa Rica registers record 931 new coronavirus cases and 11 deaths
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 147 New Coronavirus Cases And 2 More Deaths
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Reports 125 New Coronavirus Cases And 5 More Deaths
Vietnam reports almost 13,000 new coronavirus cases, announces 190 deaths have 457 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.