Hanoi (VNA) – As a founding member of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), Vietnam has played an active and proactive part in the ASEM process and proposed many measures and initiatives to strengthen cooperation within the ASEM in all spheres, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Dang Hoang Giang has said.
The official made the affirmation in an interview granted to the press after Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh attended the 13th ASEM Summit and relevant activities via videoconference from November 25-26 at the invitation of his Cambodian counterpart Samdech Techo Hun Sen.
According to Giang, PM Chinh put forward four proposals to enhance cooperation among Asian and European countries while addressing the 13th ASEM Summit on November 26.
The PM said the countries should stay united and join hands to boost global cooperation since no country can single-handed deal with global issues.
The government leader said they should cooperate to share and ensure equal access to COVID-19 vaccines and treatment drugs and developed nations should assist developing countries to improve the capacity of coping with global issues.
PM Chinh said it was necessary to step up digital transformation and human resource training for developing and poor countries, while enhancing public-private partnership to mobilise resources for development. To contribute to this process, Vietnam will organise an ASEM roundtable meeting on the digital economy in 2022.
Besides, the PM also shared Vietnam's efforts and experience in COVID-19 response and socio-economic recovery and development, especially the country’s implementation of measures to safely and flexibly adapt to and effectively control the pandemic.
PM Chinh affirmed that through these measures, Vietnam stands ready to strengthen cooperative ties with ASEM nations for the target of peace, development and prosperity in both Asia and Europe./.
- Vietnam, EU look to augment strategic cooperation
- Army should play active role in external affairs: Deputy Defence Minister
- Army should play active role in external affairs: Deputy Defense Minister
- Int’l workshop on Vietnam’s role in the contemporary world opens in Moscow
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 12
- Vietnam affirms its global position at APEC
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 13
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 23 (Updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 16 (Updated hourly)
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 28
- Deputy Minister of Defense reviews VN’s defense strategy in the new situation
- VIETNAM NEWS DECEMBER 26
Vietnam plays active, proactive role in ASEM cooperation process: Deputy FM have 385 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.