HÀ NỘI — The Civil Aviation Authority of Việt Nam has agreed with the Health Ministry's proposal on suspending international flights to and from some African countries due to concerns over the Omicron variant.
The Health Ministry earlier asked the Government to halt flights to and from South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Eswatini, Lesotho, and Mozambique, as well as halting the issuing of visas for passengers coming from these countries.
However, many other countries have also seen cases of the new highly concerning variant, so there is still a big chance of the variant making its way into Việt Nam on other flights.
So far, Việt Nam's border remains largely closed, aside from occasional repatriation flights bringing Vietnamese overseas home, and a tentative tourism reopening pilot programme ongoing in five select destinations: Đà Nẵng City, Quảng Ninh, Quảng Nam, Khánh Hoà, and Kiên Giang provinces. All of these flights required the agreement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Defence, and Ministry of Public Security, according to the aviation authority.
Medical quarantine along with travel history declaration will be tightened on approved flights to prevent risks of Omicron spreading into the country.
As of today, Việt Nam has not recorded any COVID-19 cases of the Omicron variant. — VNS
- African swine fever causes concern over pork supply
- Vietnam Now: Tourism campaign launched with photo contest
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 17
- Vietnam should be proactive in coping with natural disasters
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VIETNAM POLITICAL NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 16
- VN launches new tourism campaign
- Tourism campaign launched with photo contest
- Fantasy Islands - Truth is Stranger Than Fiction in the Georgia Strait
- Just Eat £9bn merger plan sends shares soaring
- Mumbai airport stake: Adanis move Bombay high court against GVK bid to stall its deal
Việt Nam's aviation authority agrees to halt flights from African countries over Omicron have 337 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.