In an interview granted to the Vietnam News Agency (VNA), Tung stressed the significance of human resources and technologies in digital transformation in the agriculture sector.
Economic reform, especially the reform of an agriculture-based economy, should begin with changes in the mindset, he said.
Tung also pointed out difficulties in digital transformation in agriculture, such as unconcentrated database management, small-scale production, aging workforce and the lack of incentives to attract young laborers in the farming sector.
Although many incentives have been rolled out, there still remain limitations in administrative procedures, he continued, saying supportive policies should be adopted to raise businesses' financial resources to invest in technologies.
Tung suggested reviewing and adjusting the planning scheme in the sector, given overlapping policies that hinder investment of enterprises and groups.
- Africa: How Collaboration Can Help Grow and Transform Agriculture
- First policy guidelines on satellite industry head initiatives to boost digital economy
- Close attention paid to digital transformation of Belarusian economy, state administration
- Time Is Now For A Digital Capability Maturity Model
- Deadly 'armyworm' could march on Britain after devastating African crops, warn experts
- Digital development for Thai SMEs
- Agriculture Is Quintessential for Africa and Must Be Leveraged for Transformation, Says Eca's Songwe
- CIOs: Digital Business Demands Political Savvy, Soft Skills
- East Africa Digital Construction
- Africa: Globetrotter Jessica Nabongo Is Inspiring African Travelers and Digital Nomads
- Rethink the Agricultural Policies in Africa
- Infant industries to get boost after implementation of budget’s agricultural reforms: Experts
Suitable policies would boost digital transformation in agriculture: expert have 234 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 30, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.