* The Standing Board of the Binh Thuan provincial Youth Union Committee coordinated with relevant units to organize a program to assist Phu Quy island district in COVID-19 prevention and control.
The units transported 3.5 tons of rice, instant noodles, and vegetables; 30,000 medical masks; 1,000 liters of alcohol and hand sanitizer; and 500 sets of protective clothing to the islanders.
Besides, the board also supported VND 10 million to volunteer shippers of its chapter in the district in order to help distribute the gifts to recipients. The total cost of the program was VND 200 million.
* In the same day, Binh Thuan province vaccinated children aged 12 to 17 with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine against COVID-19.
The medical staff of the province has been trained while equipment and facilities have been ensured ahead of vaccination.
As scheduled, over 46,800 children will have been inoculated with the COVID-19 vaccine by December 2.
* The Binh Phuoc provincial People's Committee has just promoted management of infections with no symptoms in the area.
Therefore, the People's Committees of districts, towns, and city in the province must urgently map out a plan to manage asymptomatic COVID-19 patients at home before November 28, 2021.
Meanwhile, the provincial Department of Health was tasked with training medical staff at the district and commune levels on the management of asymptomatic infections at home, and inspecting the implementation of the task.
They were also urged to pay attention to quarantine conditions and facilities so as to ensure safety, and curb the spread of the disease.
* District 11's People Committee (Ho Chi Minh City) offered scholarships to 39 needy students whose father and mother died of COVID-19.
The support aimed to help them continue their study. In the coming time, sponsors will provide VND two million per month for elementary and secondary school students and VND three million for high school and university students.
Translated by Minh Anh
- EU releases 3.5 million Euros in emergency relief to cyclone-hit countries
- Palladium hits record high on potential Russia ban; gold gains
- Dodgers will hit, but can they find relief pitching?
- Cyclone Idai: Governments must ramp up rescue efforts and ensure adequate humanitarian assistance
- Advocates ask Gov. Charlie Baker to immediately release more money for low-income heating assistance
- Libya: $202 million needed to bring life-saving aid to half a million people hit by humanitarian crisis
- Update on Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia in Canada
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Lexington County
- Verizon announces private exchange offers for 19 series of debt securities for up to $4 billion of new notes
- O’Rourke on hit list of 22 Democrats, journalists neo-Nazi planned to kill, FBI says
- 14 dead after tornadoes hit Lee County, AL
- Mayor Fouts really likes his young assistant. And it's costing taxpayers
More assistance for COVID-19-hit people have 435 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at January 1, 2022. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.