Khanh Hoa is the last of the 12 central localities to receive the donations by businesses and people in response to former President Truong Tan Sang's appeal.
Of the 15,000 donated life jackets worth over 20 billion VND (883,000 USD), 1,000 were presented to Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Thua Thien Hue, Da Nang, Quang Nam, and Khanh Hoa each.
As many as 1,600 life jackets were handed over to Quang Ngai and Phu Yen provinces each while 1,800 others to Binh Dinh. In particular, Truong Sa island district of Khanh Hoa province received 1,000.
During the trip to present the aid from November 14 to 18, the delegation of the Vietnam Red Cross Society (VRC) visited all the 12 localities and directly handed over 2,855 life jackets to poor and disadvantaged fishermen. The remainders were delivered to local Red Cross organisations to distribute to fishermen.
At the presentation event in Van Hung commune, former President Truong Tan Sang, former Honorary Chairman of the VRC and the VRC Central Committee, expressed his hope that the jackets will help fishermen to cope with natural disasters and incidents at sea, thereby helping to protect the country's sea and islands.
He also called on philanthropists to continue supporting fishermen in the time ahead.
- South- Central fishermen enjoy bumper tuna fish catch
- Slashing VAT, delaying benefit fees: Proposals to save tourism sector
- ‘Yellowstone’s Taylor Sheridan On Safely Shooting Season 4 In A Pandemic, Emmy Momentum & The Benefit Of Having Kevin Costner As Your Series Anchor – The Deadline Q&A
- ‘Cemetery’ of ancient shipwrecks in Quang Ngai
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 3
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 5
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 7
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 5
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 4
Life jacket presentation program benefits fishermen in Khanh Hoa have 287 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.