HCM CITY — Providing in-person training for people who want to work abroad will help meet the demand for quality workers in labour import markets, experts have said.
After labour markets like Japan, South Korea and Taiwan (China) announced their plans on relaxing restrictions on the entry of foreign migrant workers from November, businesses involved in labour export resumed training activities and procedures for visa applications to quickly send workers abroad.
Trần Anh Quang Thanh, director of PITSCO Training and Manpower Development Limited Company's HCM City Branch, told Người Lao Động (Labourer) newspaper that his branch will apply for visa re-issuance for 90 of 150 candidates who could not go to Japan due to the impact of the pandemic.
"We will give priority to these candidates going to Japan this year to help them settle down soon because they have waited so long,” he said.
The current difficulty is training workers. Despite positive results in providing online training, in-person training is still better, he said.
"The transfer of knowledge, language, culture and professional skills is more effective if trainees directly interact with teachers," he said.
The in-person training will strictly comply with pandemic prevention and control measures, including vaccination, social distancing and 5K message.
Most trainees in his company have received two COVID-19 vaccine doses.
More focus on training workers is needed as many labour import markets want to recruit a large number of trained and skilled employees.
"Qualified workers can get more opportunities to work abroad with a good salary," Thanh said.
The resumption of in-person training is necessary, said Trịnh Vũ, director of Tokyo VNJ Human Resource Development Co., Ltd, in Tân Bình District.
"Vaccinations are the top priority for reopening in-person training and meeting the entry and exit policies of many countries," he said.
Labour exporters expect all of their candidates to be fully vaccinated soon, he said.
With an abundant supply of vaccines, the city has created favourable conditions for all migrant workers who have returned from other localities to receive vaccines, he said.
In the last two years, many labour export enterprises had to shut down.
Since the city gradually reopened its economy at the beginning of October, his company has made every effort to adapt to the new situation.
"It is convenient for us because the labour demand in labour import makerts is still very high," Vũ said.
However, the government needs to pay more attention to meeting workers' demand for finding suitable jobs abroad, and take advantage of good diplomatic relations with other countries and territories to expand labour-export markets, he added. — VNS
- IT seeks changes in laws as work from home set to become norm
- RSS labour wing criticises move to amend labour laws amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Comment | Bonded labourers of Bengaluru
- Sending workers abroad should be selected carefully
- Health chiefs behind controversial new NHSX Covid-19 contact tracing app ask software developers if they can get it to work with Apple-Google system preferred by other countries in £3.8m 'U-turn'
- New NHSX Covid-19 contact tracing app doesn't work on two-year-old phones say Isle of Wight residents using it in trial
- Covid-19 impact: After being locked down, companies now set to suffer labour pain
- View: The unbearable lightness of these labour reforms
- Celebrities such as Laura Whitmore and Lucy Watson offer VERY different reactions to Boris Johnson's lockdown update... as Matt Lucas films hilarious parody of the PM's 'muddled' speech
- Bosses battle furloughed workers who DON'T want to return to work and would rather put their feet up with 80% pay funded by taxpayers
- Coronavirus: Should furloughed workers offer their skills for free?
- Raab ADDS to the lockdown confusion by saying don't to go back to work until WEDNESDAY as commuters crowd onto Tubes after Boris Johnson urged Britons 'you SHOULD go to work if you can't work from home'
Labour export companies offer training for recruits who want to work abroad have 661 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 24, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.