The Tan Binh District Field Hospital for Covid-19 treatment has 700 beds but has had to admit over 800 patients.
“We received 79 more patients on November 24, raising the total number of patients to 834 while the hospital’s current capacity is only 700,” the doctor said.
More than 100 patients are having to use extra beds that are placed along the corridors.
At present there are over 70 doctors and 130 nurses working at the hospital. Doctor Duc said that they are proposing to the municipal Health Department to send more staff as they are planning to raise the hospital's capacity.
A report from the hospital said that during a week from November 16-22, the hospital admitted 569 patients, discharged 507 others after their recovery, and reported 22 deaths.
Ho Chi Minh City is still the biggest Covid-19 epicentre in Vietnam, which is reporting a resurgence in the number of infections after a short time easing social distancing measures. On Thursday the city recorded 1,582 new cases, raising the total number of infections in the city to 462,371.
- Coronavirus Melbourne: COVID-19 field hospital set up in showgrounds
- COVID-19 | Recovery rate of patients now up to 72%: Kejriwal
- COVID-19: 82 per cent patients in Maharashtra treated free of cost at public hospitals; 52K in Mumbai
- COVID-19 Tracker: Ulhasnagar, Ambernath report surge in numbers; Badlapur crosses 900-mark
- Arizona reports 790 more COVID-19 cases; hospitalizations up
- COVID-19: Critically ill British patient able to smile, shake hands
- Interview: Increase in U.S. COVID-19 case rates underestimates "true surge" in asymptomatic transmission, says expert
- Increase in US COVID-19 case rates underestimates 'true surge' in asymptomatic transmission, says expert
- COVID-19 test must for patients with Influenza Like Illness too
- One in three surgeons say they STILL can't restart routine operations and blame the hold-up on a lack of same-day Covid-19 test results for patients
- COVID-19: Critically ill British patient disconnected from ventilator
- COVID-19 Fears Keep Heart Attack, Stroke Patients from Hospitals
HCM City Covid-19 field hospital overloaded as patients surge have 332 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.