The route is offering free travel for the first 15 days of operation, starting from November 6.
To date, the Hanoi Metro One Member Company Limited has operated 1,742 trips with 272,000 passengers, equal to 156 people per trip on trains capable of carrying 960 passengers.
Passengers on the Cat Linh-Ha Dong metro route (photo by Phi Hung)
Last Sunday saw the highest number of passengers with 54,000 people. Meanwhile, the remaining days range from 16,000-19,000 people. After the free travel ends on November 21, tickets will be officially sold. Hanoi People's Committee has announced the price of the tickets for the Cat Linh-Ha Dong metro with the lowest being VND8,000 (USD0.35) for a trip and VND30,000 for a day pass. A basic monthly pass is priced at VND200,000.
In the first six months of the operation, trains run from 5 am to 11 pm every day with the frequency of one train every 10 minutes. Nguyen Xuan Thuy, former director of the Transport Publishing House, said it would take more time for people to be familiar with travelling by metro. Hanoi needs to arrange bus stops for buses as well as parking lots to make it more convenient for passengers to use the metro line. The Hanoi Department of Transport has added 17 bus stops along the route. Currently, 55 bus routes in the city connect to the Cat Linh-Ha Dong metro line.
- Shophouse Metro Star A bustling Myeong-dong in the heart of Thu Duc city
- Routes: 5G row disrupts some flights; United delays SFO-India plans; JSX adds OAK route
- 'Everybody wants to travel on an airline where they feel respected'
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JANUARY 13
- Some 3,000 runners take on Halong Heritage Marathon
- New year brings more of same problems for tourism workers
- Internet infrastructure to get strong investment this year
Hanoi metro route attracts modest passenger numbers have 306 words, post on dtinews.vn at November 17, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.