Foreign direct investment (FDI) registered in Viet Nam reached US$26.46 billion as of November 20, up 0.1 per cent year on year, according to the Ministry of Planning and Investment.
Notably, the total additional registered capital stood at over $8 billion, an annual rise of 26.7 per cent.
During the period, $14.1 billion was poured into 1,577 newly-licensed projects, up 3.76 per cent in value but down 31.8 per cent in volume over the same period last year.
The remaining investment was used for capital contribution and share purchases in a total 3,466 transactions.
Foreign investors landed investments in 18 sectors, with processing and manufacturing absorbing the largest amount of capital (over $14 billion or 53 per cent), followed by power generation and distribution (over $5.7 billion), real estate ($2.41 billion), and wholesale and retail ($1.27 billion).
Among 100 countries and territories investing in Viet Nam in the period, Singapore took the lead with $7.6 billion, making up 28.7 per cent of the total. The Republic of Korea (RoK) came second with more than $4.36 billion, and Japan was the third largest investor with $3.7 billion.
Localities that attracted the most FDI were Long An ($3.76 billion), HCM City (nearly $3.43 billion), and Hai Phong City (over $2.8 billion).
Export turnover of the FDI sector (including crude oil) was estimated at nearly $220.2 billion, up 19.7 per cent over the same period and accounting for 73.6 per cent of Viet Nam's total. The sector's import value (excluding crude oil), meanwhile, exceeded $195.5 billion, an annual increase of 29.5 per cent and accounting for 65.5 per cent of the country's total. — VNS
- The President’s lies on foreign-investment flows
- Foreign capital inflows drastically slow down
- SSS 11-month net income down
- Oct GIR rise boosts buffer vs capital flows
- Capital flight soars, int’l reserves dive
- Jan.-Nov. foreign direct investments reach $3.6B
- FDI flows to ASEAN dip 20% in 2016; PH 4th largest recipient
- PH 15th largest exporter of illegal capital – study
- 11-mth FDI surpasses BSP estimate by 30%
- Foreign investments in China up 22%
- BOP to hit $500M deficit in 2017 – BSP
- China’s economic evolution shrinks its foreign currency reserves
Foreign capital flow in Viet Nam hits US$26.46 billion in 11 months have 352 words, post on bizhub.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.