Ben Tre (VNA) – V1-3 Ben Tre wind power plant , the first of its kind in the Mekong Delta province of Ben Tre, was put into operation on November 28.
Construction of the 7-turbine wind power plant began in April 2020 with a total investment of 1.5 trillion VND (over 66.1 million USD). It has a capacity of 30MW.
The plant is expected to generate an average output of 90 million kWh per year, and annually contribute 20 billion VND (over 882,000 USD) to the State budget in the first 14 years of its operation.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony, Chairman of the provincial People's Committee Tran Ngoc Tam said the operation of the plant contributes to concretising the province's goal of maritime economic development, including the development of clean energy, thus helping promote its socio-economic development.
He praised the investor, local authorities and sectors for their efforts and support for the project, while asking the provincial Department of Industry and Trade to coordinate with relevant agencies to remove difficulties and obstacles to speed up construction of other wind power plants in Ben Tre .
According to the provincial Department of Industry and Trade, in the period 2015-2020, Ben Tre province was approved by the Ministry of Industry and Trade to develop wind power projects with a total capacity of more than 1,000 MW.
Currently, 19 wind power projects are being implemented in the province. In 2022 and the following years, 17 other projects will be developed with a total capacity of more than 914 MW.
In addition, Ben Tre has proposed to add 26 projects with a total capacity of 6,400 MW. By 2025, power projects in the province are expected to generate an average power output of over 4.5 billion kWh with a total revenue of more than 10 trillion VND per year./.
- Auvere Power Plant handed over to Eesti Energia this week
- MP slams 'complacent' regulator over power plant closure amid Brexit fears
- Hidroelectrica will spend EUR 800 mln by 2020 to upgrade and refurbish its power plants
- Romgaz to invest RON 1.6 billion in 2018, half of the amount for Iernut Power Plant
- Turkey’s Akfen set to build 13 wind and solar power plants worth $530 million
- Wind and solar power plants in Sahara could turn desert green
- The second reactor of Cernavoda power plant was disconnected yersterday due to a human error
- Two People Killed, All Power Plants Shut Down in Japan's Hokkaido After Quake
- Wind power production tripled
- Azerbaijan can build solar power plants abroad
- Crane 'was being operated' when it collapsed at Tees power plant
- Equinor hailed over wind power project
First wind power plant in Ben Tre put into operation have 422 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.