HCM CITY — The Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta city of Cần Thơ on Thursday saw its highest single day incidence of COVID-19, 1,310 cases, and six related deaths, according to its Department of Health.
The total number of infections so far has exceeded 21,330, and there have been 168 deaths.
Field hospitals in the city are now operating at full capacity, prompting more patients to opt for isolation and treatment at home. More than 5,600 are being treated at home.
Dr Phạm Phú Trường Giang, deputy director of the department, said the city was stepping up vaccination amid the spike in infections.
Almost all vaccinated patients had mild symptoms, and all deceased were unvaccinated, he said.
More than 96 per cent of the city's population aged 18 and above received at least one dose, and 85 per cent of them are fully immunised. More than 59 per cent of people aged 12 to 17 have got one dose.
Bạc Liêu and Sóc Trăng provinces in the delta also reported record high new cases on Thursday, 617 and 532.
More than 97 per cent of the Bạc Liêu population received at least one shot and 65.7 per cent have been fully vaccinated.
In Sóc Trăng, the numbers are 92.6 per cent and 74.6 per cent. —VNS
- Flu cases spike in January
- Can Tho City: Affirming Vital Position in Mekong Delta
- Mekong tributaries flood Can Tho City
- Can Tho City Industrial Parks Ready to Meet Investors' Requirements
- Can Tho City Continuously Enhancing Competitiveness by Economic Restructuring
- Can Tho city woos Japanese investors
- Can Tho City: Commercial Centre of Mekong Delta
- Step by step Elevation for Industry Sector of Can Tho City
- Doctor shortage troubles Can Tho City
- Can Tho City: High FDI Prospects
- Can Tho City Gradually Adding More Key Export Items
- Vietbuild 2013 opens in Can Tho city
COVID-19 cases spike to new high in Cần Thơ City have 320 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.