When in Grade 9, Dao Thi Kieu Diem, 32, in An Nhon Town faced epistaxis and pains in her forehead and teeth. She was then diagnosed with gingivitis by doctors at a local hospital. Despite taking medicines, her condition did not improve.
Dao Thi Kieu Diem
After that she was taken to a better hospital where doctors said that she had contracted a maxillary sinus tumour. Her family was told to bring her to a hospital in HCM City for better treatment. Her parents decided to move her to HCM City Tumour Hospital. After the surgery there, she had to experience 28 radiotherapy sessions. She was discharged from hospital after a nearly six-month stay. The long treatment caused her to drop out of school. Between 2006 and 2008, her saturation became swollen and bled. She was taken to HCM City Tumour Hospital again for treatment. Returning home, she applied for some jobs but was refused due to her unusual face. She wanted to work as a tutor but children were frightened of her face. Diem is living with her parents who are both over 70 years old. Meanwhile, her brothers and sisters are all married and poor. Diem is now working for a handicraft workshop with a daily modest income of VND100,000. From January and June this year, Diem had to take four operations to help reshape her face. In November, she will have to return to HCM City Tumour Hospital for examination again. Chairman of An Nhon Commune Nguyen Anh Dung said that Diem's family is among the poorest in the locality. The family is provided with a monthly subsidy of VND540,000. Meanwhile, Diem's treatment is quite costly and requires a long time. He hoped that donors would support her.
If you can help please donate through: 1.Code 4268: Dao Thi Kieu Diem 2. Dantri/DTiNews Online Newspaper 3. Dantri/DTiNews’ representative offices
- Arizona Woman Who Destroyed Target Mask Display in Viral Tirade Admits She Needs Help: 'Had Absolutely No Control'
- Revealed: Portland truck driver who was kicked in the face by BLM protester posted anti-George Floyd meme on Facebook hours before assault as he shares photo of two black eyes amid search for his attacker
- Postpartum depression: A family hopes their loss will help others
- 'We have to get used to it': Princess Mary urges people to wear face masks in raw Instagram post - after social distancing 'slipped' her mind at an event and she shook hands
- 'Give Me My Pizza!': Angry Woman Yells At Papa Murphy's Staff For Being Asked to Wear Mask
- Woman With No Mask in Store Commands 'Demon' to Leave Aisle, Invokes Jesus Christ
- Plus-size woman who used to STARVE herself to lose weight proudly flaunts her 300lb frame in bikinis and lingerie - despite being called a 'cow' by trolls who say her size will KILL HER
- Would YOU have your face fried at 400C to look younger? That's what Dr MICHAEL MOSLEY tried on one half of himself (and every woman should read his findings)
- Vicious road rage fight breaks out on Texas freeway between a man and woman after she 'cut him off' in traffic
- A woman's reproductive tract can weed out unwanted sperm after sex, studies find
- COVID-19 Reopening Roundup: SF Woman Delivers Emotional Convention Speech; Defiant San Jose Salon Owner; Racist Mask Rant In Dolores Park
- Woman, 48, who feared she would be scarred for life after being trampled in a freak horse riding accident reveals how a £349 LED face mask healed her skin with 'amazing' results
Woman with distorted face in Binh Dinh needs help have 599 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 27, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.