This result is part of Clarivate-conducted assessment report on 276 universities, government research agencies and technology corporations that lead innovation globally in 2021. According to the company's report, of 27 accredited representatives in South Asia and Southeast Asia, Viettel is the only Vietnamese enterprise.
This year, Hanoi University of Science and Technology is also in the list of higher education institutions, while the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology is named in the category of government research organizations.
According to the list of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Viettel is the industrial high-tech enterprise of Vietnam with the most patents protected. By September, Viettel has had 44 patents granted in Vietnam and seven patents granted in the U.S.
The Vietnamese military enterprise is also the only company in the world that both owns a network and develops telecoms devices. Viettel's successful testing of video calls on self-developed gNodeB 5G transceivers in early 2021 has put Vietnam on the list of six countries possessing 5G technology.
Major General Le Dang Dung, acting President and General Director of Viettel, affirmed that Viettel is consistent with the strategy to be a pioneer and a key driver in creating a digital society. Therefore, the company will always be a vanguard in researching and developing to master core technologies, contributing to realizing the "Make-in-Vietnam" strategy and the national digital transformation strategy.
Clarivate is a leading company in providing information on the reputation of research quality and innovation. This assessment report is based on four criteria, including number of patents, number of citations, success of patents and degree of globalization.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- South Africa loose forward Coetzee out of World Cup
- South Africa captain Kolisi to return against Argentina
- Twitter's Head Of Asia-Pacific Aliza Knox Quits
- LaLiga & GCOX seal partnership for Asia and the Middle East
- Sleepycat to extend paw into Asia
- PH’s best boost PGT Asia S’woods cast
- Oracle sets up embedded business unit in Asia
- Motorola eyes WiMax opportunities in Asia
- Football inspires patriotism, national pride: Vietnam PM
- Facebook Buys a Stake in $450M Asian Undersea Cable Consortium
- Fat, carbs, fruit, veg: How much should we eat for health?
- Low-fat diets found to be DEADLY in large-scale study
Viettel - Most influential Vietnamese enterprise in South Asia and Southeast Asia have 364 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 23, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.