Beloborodko is the sixth seed of the tournament. He's 687th in world rankings, 278 places above Nam. But the Vietnamese star was the one who had a better start in this game, with powerful serves and swings. Beloborodko tried to retaliate but Nam continued to dominate to win the first set 6-2.
In the second set, Nam kept the momentum and led 3-1, but Beloborodko came back even stronger to win 6-3.
In the decisive third match, Nam once again took the lead but this time, didn’t give Beloborodko an opening and won 6-3.
After two hours and nine minutes, Nam scored a overall 2-1 victory.
Nam’s opponent in the second round will be Hady Habib of Lebanon. This player is 648th in world rankings, or 317 places above Nam.
In the previous M15 Sharm El Sheikh, Nam reached the semifinals and lost to Czech player Marek Gengel (442nd).
According to plan, Nam will stay in Egypt to compete in the multiple M15 tournaments from October to November.
- Tata Open 2020: Five foreign tennis stars to watch out for
- United States Off To Strong Start In Fed Cup Defence As Serena Williams Awaits Return
- Sania Mirza Makes Winning Return To Tennis, Shares Adorable Picture With Son
- Naomi Osaka Makes Winning Start At Australian Open After Smoke Fears Ease
- Serena Williams makes winning start to 2020 with victory in Auckland
- Serving aces, with a dollop of cream on top: The all-female Australian Open Chef Series
- Ashleigh Barty among tennis stars donating to bushfires relief effort
- Australian Open 2020 live stream: how to watch tennis online from anywhere
- Osaka gets Australian Open started after smoke fears ease
- Australian Open 2020: We pick out some great men's singles champions
- Meet the 2020 tennis WAGs! The models, childhood sweethearts and retired sporting legends who will be cheering on the world's best players at the Australian Open
- French Open 2011: Rafael Nadal too hot for great rival Roger Federer
Vietnamese tennis ace off to great start at Egypt tournament have 309 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.