With more than 400 investment projects worth over 5 billion USD, Vietnam is currently the third largest foreign investor in Laos, after Thailand and China, he said.
In recent years, the Vietnamese business community in Laos has not only contributed to the Lao budget but also donated tens of millions of USD to social security activities, developing infrastructure facilities and creating jobs for thousands of Lao labourers.
It has also helped change Lao labourers' awareness of shifting from small-scale production to commodity-based production, contributing to creating a new and fundamental orientation to promote sustainable production development in the country.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Laos Nguyen Ba Hung praised efforts of the Vietnamese business community in Laos to overcome difficulties caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, and expressing his delight at the increasing number of new projects invested by Vietnamese firms in Laos despite the health crisis.
He urged Vietnamese enterprises operating in Laos to update and further promote application of new technologies and digital transformation in order to maximise the efficiency of their production and business activities and effectively adapt to the pandemic.
The diplomat called on Vietnamese businesses to strengthen coordination and support each other, contributing to further tightening the Vietnam – Laos great relationship.
He took the occasion to applaud active contributions of Vietnamese enterprises in Laos to both countries’ fight against COVID-19./.
- Sub-committee for socio-economic affairs of Party Congress convenes
- ASEAN+3 determined to promote economic development and reduce risks from COVID-19
- Egyptian newspaper highlights Vietnam’s socio-economic achievements
- Gov. John Bel Edwards heading to Israel this month for economic development, cybersecurity meetings
- National Assembly contributing to AIPA’s development
- JICA proud to be part of Viet Nam’s development progress: Chief Representative
- Development directions for southeastern region, Mekong Delta outlined
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 6
- Vietnamese, Lao Party officials hold online talks
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 29
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 31
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 3
Vietnamese businesses greatly contribute to Laos’s socio-economic development have 401 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.