A health worker takes sample for Covid-19 testing in HCM City
According to the ministry’s report, 3,175 of the new patients are locally-transmitted cases confirmed in 48 localities including HCM City (1,059), Binh Duong (537), Dong Nai (517), Tay Ninh (156), An Giang (117), and Kien Giang (93). There were 18 imported patients confirmed today.
The new infections showed a decrease of 36 cases compared to yesterday’s figure. There were 1,339 infections found in the community.
As of Sunday evening, 859,372 infections have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country in late April. Some localities that have recorded the highest number of patients include HCM City (417,724), Binh Duong (225,414), Dong Nai (58,622), Long An (33.738), and Tien Giang (15,011). The outbreak has so far spread to 62 out of 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 864,053. The country now stands 40th among 223 countries and territories worldwide in the number of infections.
On October 17, an additional 1,340 more patients recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries in the country to 791,844.
On Sunday evening, a further 63 deaths related to Covid-19 were announced, bringing the total number of fatalities in Vietnam to 21,194. The deaths were reported in some localities including HCM City (38), Binh Duong (13), Dong Nai (2), Kien Giang (2), Soc Trang (2), Dak Lak (2), Quang Ngai (1), Bac Lieu (1), Binh Thuan (1), and Dak Nong (1).
Vietnam today administered more than 1.25 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines. The country has so far conducted over 61.91 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 17.84 million people having received two doses.
- Rise in drug-related deaths prompts investigation by MPs
- Police dismiss hunting-related death after gruesome fox discovery
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw hospitals report fall in number of complaints
- More than 730 drug deaths a year
- Drug linked to 33 deaths made illegal without prescription
- Revealed: How drink and drug deaths escalate in poorer areas of Northern Ireland
- British holidaymaker dies after fall in high heels in Spain
- Camden homeless deaths: Borough among worst for deaths on the streets in the UK, says new ONS report
- One in Five Deaths Linked to Poor Diet, New Study Reveals
- Rodgers watches City fall to defeat at Watford in first game
- Lung cancer on the rise in non-smokers, report warns
- Brit sisters, 19 and 24, and their backpacker pal, 24, swept to their deaths during Vietnam waterfall tour
Vietnam reports falling number of Covid-19-related deaths have 389 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.