The Ministry of Health reported 3,193 additional COVID-19 cases across Vietnam on Sunday, alongside 1,340 recoveries and 63 fatalities.
The latest cases, including 18 imported and 3,175 local infections, were documented in 48 provinces and cities, the health ministry said, adding that 1,339 patients were detected in the community.
Ho Chi Minh City logged 1,059 of the locally-infected cases, Binh Duong Province 537, Dong Nai Province 517, Tay Ninh Province 156, An Giang Province 117, Kien Giang Province 93, Khanh Hoa Province 40, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province 10, and Hanoi 10.
Vietnam had registered 3,211 domestically-acquired infections on Saturday.
The country has confirmed 859,372 community transmissions in 62 out of its 63 provinces and cities since the fourth virus wave emerged on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City is still the largest epicenter with 417,724 patients, followed by Binh Duong Province with 225,414, Dong Nai Province with 58,622, Long An Province with 33,665, Tien Giang Province with 15,011, Dong Thap Province with 9,150, Khanh Hoa Province with 8,481, Da Nang with 4,932, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province with 4,397, and Hanoi with 4,338.
Vietnam logged only 1,570 locally-transmitted infections in total in the previous three waves.
The health ministry announced 1,340 recoveries on Sunday, elevating the total to 791,844.
The toll has soared to 21,194 deaths after the ministry documented 63 fatalities on the same day, including 38 in Ho Chi Minh City and 13 in Binh Duong Province.
Vietnam has recorded 864,053 patients since the COVID-19 pandemic first hit it early last year.
Health workers have administered nearly 62 million vaccine doses, including 1,254,443 shots on Saturday, since inoculation was rolled out on March 8.
More than 17.8 million people have been fully vaccinated.
Health authorities target to inoculate at least two-thirds of a population of nearly 98 million people against COVID-19 by the first quarter of next year.
- Vietnam confirms five new Covid-19 cases, total up to 153
- Vietnam reports four new COVID-19 cases, total infections stand at 222
- Vietnam confirms six new COVID-19 cases, total rising to 218
- Canberra records nine new COVID-19 cases as AFP officer tests positive to coronavirus
- Another case linked to Buddha Bar as Vietnam records 5 new COVID-19 patients
- Vietnam records 10 more COVID-19 cases, bringing total to 163
- Vietnam confirms 6 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 5 new COVID-19 cases, including 3 from Hanoi hospital
- Vietnam confirms four new Covid-19 cases
- Two more infections at Hanoi hospital as Vietnam reports 6 new COVID-19 cases
- TN records 110 new COVID-19 cases,all Tablighi event returnees
- Nigeria records 4 new COVID-19 cases in Osun, Ogun
Vietnam records 3,193 new COVID-19 cases, has administered almost 62 million vaccine doses have 384 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.