The S-shaped country has emerged from a tough battlefield to become a leading destination in Asia.
Vietnam has been awarded as "Asia’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination" by the World Travel Awards (WTA), a leading authority that recognizes and rewards excellence in travel and tourism has revealed its Asia 2021 winners.
“Vietnam is a country that emerged from a tough battlefield to become a leading destination in Asia,” said the WTA in its report issued recently.
Located in the northern province of Ninh Binh, Cuc Phuong was Vietnam's first national park and is the country's largest nature reserve. The park is one of the most important sites for biodiversity in the nation. Photo: Focus Asia Travel
Some famous landmarks in the S-shaped country are also recognized as the winners in some of WTA's extensive winning lists.
Accordingly, Hoi An ancient town in the central province of Quang Nam wins the "Asia’s Leading Cultural City Destination" award; Ha Long Bay om the northern province of Quang Ninh is "Asia's Leading Tourist Attraction"; Cuc Phuong National Park in the northern province of Ninh Binh ranked first in the category of "Asia's Leading National Park".
Ha Long Bay is a place where time slows to a standstill. The famous sightseeing in the northern part of Vietnam was also listed by CNN as one of the 25 most beautiful places around the world in 2019. Photo: Lux Group
In addition, a number of resorts and a travel agency from Vietnam have also won in many WTA's categories.
Vietnam's InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort won 'Asia’s Leading Green Resort'. The Ascott Limited collected 'Asia's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand' while Vietravel is included among the winners of 'Asia's Leading Tour Operator'.
Sun World Ba Na Hills Resort (Danang City), Avana Retreat (the northern province of Hoa Binh), JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort and Spa (Phu Quoc Island, the southern province of Kien Giang), Hotel de la Coupole – MGallery (Sapa Town, the northern province of Lao Cai), among others, are also recognized as winners in the category of hotels and resorts.
The results follow a year-long search for the world's top travel, tourism and hospitality brands. Votes were cast by travel industry professionals and the public, with the nominee gaining the most votes in a category named as the winner.
A corner of JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa. Photo: JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa.
Graham Cooke, Founder of World Travel Awards congratulated the winners, saying: "Our winners represent the very best of Asia and Oceania's travel and hospitality sectors and my congratulations to each of them".
"They are all playing starring roles in spearheading the travel and tourism recovery," he added.
Celebrating its 28th anniversary in 2021, the World Travel Awards is considered as the "prestige Oscar's awards in the travel industry".
The award was established in 1993 to acknowledge, reward, and celebrate excellence across all key sectors of the travel, tourism, and hospitality industries.
Today, the World Travel Awards brand is recognized globally as the ultimate hallmark of industry excellence. Each year it covers the globe with its Grand Tour, a series of regional gala ceremonies to recognize excellence within each continent, culminating in a Grand Final at the end of the year.
- Made-in-Vietnam social network connects global travel lovers
- South Korean carriers cut Vietnam flights as coronavirus infections spiral
- Vietnam tourism industry prepares post-epidemic plans
- Why travel is still safe for Aussies and where to holiday in 2020
- Vietnam tourism association proposes travel suspension to epidemic-hit countries
- Vietnam carrier Vietjet to halt flights to South Korea over coronavirus
- Psychiatrist Bharat Vatwani and engineer Sonam Wangchuk on this year's Magsaysay Award winners
- Latest on the spread of coronavirus around the world
- A coastal resort in India, the party hotspot of the Middle East and a region with the 'world's best sunsets': The winners of the 2020 Travellers' Choice Awards revealed
- Jetstar launches Vietnam flights with $159 sale and predicts it will be as popular as Bali and Thailand
- Thailand paves way to becoming top trail running destination
- Da Nang, Saigon among world’s 25 trending destinations
Vietnam is the Asia’s Leading Destination: World Travel Awards have 717 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at October 25, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.