Ambassador Pham Hai Anh, Deputy Permanent Representative of Vietnam to the U.N., welcomed the resumption of high-level dialogue between Pristina and Belgrade under European Union auspices, but expressed regret that the dialogue has yet to produce satisfactory results due to differences between the two sides.
He emphasized the importance of peaceful dialogue and the search for lasting solutions for Kosovo on the basis of international law, the U.N. Charter, and the UNSC's Resolution 1244 on the deployment of international civil and security presence in Kosovo, for peace, stability and development of Belgrade, Pristina, the Balkans and Europe.
The diplomat urged the sides concerned to work harder to explore opportunities for high-level talks and implement reached agreements, especially the Brussels Agreements. He also acknowledged the UNMIK's crucial role in the promotion of security and stability in the area, efforts to build trust among the communities in Kosovo and discussions with Belgrade and Pristina.
The U.N. Security Council, by its Resolution 1244 (1999), authorized the U.N. Secretary-General to establish an international civil presence in Kosovo – the UNMIK – in order to provide an interim administration for Kosovo under which the people of Kosovo could enjoy substantial autonomy.
- PM Shinzo Abe: Vietnam plays important role in Japan’s external policies
- Party leader: Russia is Vietnam’s important partner
- Vietnam highlights parliaments’ role in human right promotion
- Vietnam supports ASEAN – China dialogue relationship
- Vietnam highlights efforts to ensure ethnic groups’ rights
- Vietnam highlights women’s participation in all areas
- Vietnam – Korea: Important Partner, High Confidence
- Vietnam highlights UN Charter’s significance in maintaining peace
- Laos highlights importance of ASEAN cooperation
- Vietnam pushes for peace progress in Cote d’Ivoire
- Vietnam reaffirms importance of UNCLOS
- Vietnam- an important factor in India’s “Look East” policy
Vietnam highlights importance of peaceful dialogue in Kosovo have 287 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 17, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.