Hanoi (VNA) – Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Nguyen Quoc Dung and Secretary of State of the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Soeung Rathchavy co-chaired the seventh Vietnam-Cambodia political consultation via videoconference on October 21 to discuss bilateral ties as well as regional and global issues of shared concern.
Both sides shared the view that amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the two sides have made efforts to maintain all-level exchanges and meetings in various forms, and effectively made use of bilateral cooperation mechanisms.
The two sides agreed to step up trade and economic recovery post-pandemic, enhance national defence-security cooperation, improve the efficiency of border management and collaboration in education, information and communications, culture-sports and people-to-people exchange.
They pledged to work closely together to seek solutions to the issue of legal papers for Cambodians of Vietnamese origin and ensure the smooth relocation and resettlement of Cambodians of Vietnamese origin in the Tonle Sap region.
Both sides agreed to coordinate for the organisation of celebrations for the 55th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties during the Vietnam – Cambodia, Cambodia – Vietnam Friendship Year 2022, and the 11th Conference on Cooperation and Development of Border Provinces, the 19th meeting of the Vietnam – Cambodia Joint Committee on Economic, Cultural, Scientific and Technological Cooperation and other important external events in the time ahead.
They also exchanged views on regional and global issues of shared concern, including the East Sea issue and several new developments related to regional security and stability.
The two sides pledged to coordinate closely and support each other at multilateral forums such as the United Nations, ASEAN and Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), as well as strengthen collaboration in sub-regional mechanisms, and combine the development of the Greater Mekong Sub-region with ASEAN Community building.
On the occasion, Rathchavy informed on key contents and priorities during Cambodia's ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2022. She expressed a wish to maintain solidarity and promote central role of ASEAN together with Vietnam and member states.
Dung affirmed that Vietnam backs Cambodia’s successful organisation of the 13th ASEM Summit and role of ASEAN Chairmanship 2022.
The eighth political consultation will be held in Cambodia at an appropriate time in 2023./.
- Vietnam, Poland hold online deputy ministerial-level political consultation
- Vietnam-Kazakhstan political consultation held
- Vietnam, Laos hold foreign ministerial-level political consultation
- Vietnam, Canada hold defense consultation meeting
- Vietnam, UK hold third defense policy dialogue
- Vietnamese, Cambodian PMs hold online talks to intensify relations
- Vietnam, Panama boost bilateral cooperation and friendship
- Spokeswoman: Vietnam attaches importance to ties with Cambodia
- Vietnam, UK issue joint declaration on strategic partnership
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh holds talks with US Security Advisor
- Vietnam, Bulgaria enjoy tighter bonds than ever: Ambassador
- VIETNAM NEWS NOVEMBER 28 (updated hourly)
Vietnam, Cambodia hold seventh political consultation have 442 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.