Hanoi (VNA) – The trademark "Vietnam Rice" has by now been protected in 22 foreign countries, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) reported, urging for the issuance of a legal document managing the use of the trademark.
Vietnam has been among the world's top three rice exporters, together with Thailand and India, for years, the MARD said in a report sent to Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh on October 19.
According to the MARD, Vietnam Rice has become a Generic Trademark in 19 countries, including Indonesia, Russia and 17 member states of the African Intellectual Property Organisation (OAPI). It has also been registered as a Certification Trademark in three countries, namely China, Brunei and Norway. The MARD holds the ownership of the trademark in these countries.
It is important to heighten awareness of Vietnamese rice products among exporters, importers, distributors and consumers both at home and overseas, the ministry said. Protection of the trademark also lays a basis for Vietnamese rice to expand its market and increase added value and competitiveness globally, as well as preventing the faking of Vietnamese origin.
Vietnam must also urgently grant the right to use the trademark to Vietnamese producers and exporters as the trademark will be probably revoked if it is not used by the owner for 3 – 5 years in accordance to regulations of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and laws of some Madrid System member states, it noted.
The ministry proposed the PM to permit it to develop a decree providing a set of procedures for administering the use of Vietnam Rice./.
- Vietnam spends much on vegetables, fruits import
- Expert urges for more flexible visa policy for Vietnam tourism takeoff
- Foreign investors grasp more control overn Vietnam’s aviation market
- Provinces in Vietnam asked to be on full alert for possible forest fires
- Poor logistics system hindering Vietnam agricultural products’ trade
- Foreign markets tighten control on origin traceability
- Vietnamese market attractive to foreign enterprises
- Foreign investors can make use of Vietnam's trade deals
- Vietnam set to welcome 18 million foreign visitors this year
- Book World: For Susan Rice, diplomacy began at home - at age 7
- Declassified Susan Rice Email: Obama Contemplated Hiding Russia Intel from Incoming Trump Administration
- Vietnam Airlines joins hands with foreign carriers for tourism push
Trademark Vietnam Rice protected in 22 foreign countries: MARD have 374 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 20, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.