The UXO included shells of 12.7mm machine gun, 37mm automatic air defense gun M1939, and 82-BM-37 mortar, together with POM-Z2 mines, grenade, and more. The UXO was detected by the family of Nguyen Van Nho when doing ground clearance to build their house.
According to Colonel Tran Huy Thuc, Head of the Engineering Board of the Ha Giang Provincial Military Command, the unit sent more troops to accelerate the search and clearance of the UXO.
He noted that there are numerous war-left UXO items in Ha Giang province. Therefore, the provincial military command has enhanced information dissemination to call on local people to report to the authorities if they find bombs, mines or shells in their living areas, contributing to promptly deactivating the UXO.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Auction of Pontiac Silverdome items is back on
- Banned carry-on items get through Russian security
- Dog the Bounty Hunter's Colorado store burglarized, late wife Beth Chapman's personal items stolen
- Kramer puts Super Bowl ring, other items, up for auction
- Lohan, ‘former Eagles QB’ an item?
- As training camp nears, 1 item remains on D-backs’ still-to-do list
- Prosecutors cite O.J. case, claim Hernandez’s home has been staged for jury visit
- Jim Furyk has reason to be thinking about Rio Olympics
- Week 14: One-loss SEC champ vs. Ohio State debate has arrived
- IndyCar: Hinchcliffe cleared for light training
- Doctor cleared in LPGA Tour pro Erica Blasberg wrongful death case
- Minnesota athletics probe largely clears school
Thousands of UXO items cleared in Ha Giang have 231 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.