SINGAPORE — Power provider Ohm Energy said on its website that it had exited the retail electricity market in Singapore on Friday, making it the third company to do so over the past few days.
It said it had quit because the pricing of its plans, which are lower than regulated tariff, had become unsustainable due to the volatile electricity market.
The company is in the process of transferring customers to state-owned electricity provider SP Group.
iSwitch Energy, one of Singapore’s largest independent electricity retailers, and SilverCloud Energy, which supplies power to commercial, industrial and residential buildings, have also announced their exit from the Singapore market. read more
Company sources told Reuters earlier this week that Diamond Electric and Best Electricity Supply have stopped accepting new customers, with Diamond Electric in the process of handing over existing term contracts to SP Group.
Global wholesale gas prices have surged in recent months as production and transit problems have lowered supply just as demand took off in a post-pandemic economic recovery, which has pushed up power prices in many countries and caused blackouts in some.
Open Electricity Market, a website that lets Singapore residents choose an energy supplier, shows only 8 out of the 12 existing retailers offering plans for consumers.
- Ballot proposal would revamp Florida's electric utility industry
- Singapore economy grows 3.3 percent in 2018
- Motorcar Parts of America Expands Position Within Electric Vehicle Testing Market With Acquisition of E&M Power
- Progress on greenhouse gas emissions, but not quite what Minnesota hoped
- Tesla, other electric-car makers send data to Chinese government without their owners’ knowledge
- Magid: The new Tesla Model 3 has quite a learning curve
- How time-of-day electricity rates affected Fort Collins residents
- Complaints about Texas electricity billing at a 3-year high
- Billing is biggest complaint says Texas electricity buyers
- CMP-area customers to learn 2019 electric price Monday
- United States Electric Bus Charging Station Market Size, Share, Development, Growth, and Demand Forecast, 2016-2025
- It’s official: Columbia bans electric scooters for 1 year
Third electricity provider calls it quits in Singapore have 319 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.